Heat forward Chris Bosh may miss Game 3 of Miami’s Eastern Conference first-round series against the Knicks in New York Thursday after being summoned home because his wife was preparing to give birth.
The Heat, who had arrived in New York at 6:30 p.m. ET Wednesday, were told late in the evening that Bosh needed to return to Miami. He left New York on a private plane, and his wife, Adrienne, posted a photo on a social media account saying “hurry home.”
FAA records showed Bosh’s charter flight arrived in Miami shortly after 2 a.m. ET Thursday.
The Heat have not ruled Bosh out for Game 3. The team will hold a morning practice at Madison Square Garden.
Bosh earlier had indicated that he’d be ready to return to Miami at a moment’s notice.
“I’ve got a beeper, so when it goes off, I’ll be ready,” Bosh said. “It’s an exciting time, I’m trying to compete for a championship and prepare for new life. It is a busy time in the Bosh household.”
The couple, who were married last summer, are expecting a baby boy.
Information from ESPN.com NBA writer Brian Windhorst and The Associated Press was used in this report.
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- The unfortunate truth of the Rangers and baseball’s 2020 season
- Biggest beneficiaries from the Mavs if the remainder of the 2019-2020 NBA season is lost
- Stars public address announcer uses voice to raise money amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Working from Home Like a Pro
- FC Dallas Patiently Waiting to Return to Normal Activities
- Cowboys Mailbag: DeMarcus Lawrence still an elite pass rusher?
- Most and least valuable 2020 Dallas Stars contracts
- Rangers’ Good Guy Shin-Soo Choo provides an act of generosity to Rangers’ minor leaguers
- DSF Roundup: Writers make their argument for prime Romo or Aikman
- Corey: My five favorite Dallas Cowboys