Heat forward Chris Bosh may miss Game 3 of Miami’s Eastern Conference first-round series against the Knicks in New York Thursday after being summoned home because his wife was preparing to give birth.
The Heat, who had arrived in New York at 6:30 p.m. ET Wednesday, were told late in the evening that Bosh needed to return to Miami. He left New York on a private plane, and his wife, Adrienne, posted a photo on a social media account saying “hurry home.”
FAA records showed Bosh’s charter flight arrived in Miami shortly after 2 a.m. ET Thursday.
The Heat have not ruled Bosh out for Game 3. The team will hold a morning practice at Madison Square Garden.
Bosh earlier had indicated that he’d be ready to return to Miami at a moment’s notice.
“I’ve got a beeper, so when it goes off, I’ll be ready,” Bosh said. “It’s an exciting time, I’m trying to compete for a championship and prepare for new life. It is a busy time in the Bosh household.”
The couple, who were married last summer, are expecting a baby boy.
Information from ESPN.com NBA writer Brian Windhorst and The Associated Press was used in this report.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Season Outlook: Predicting the Cowboys final 2020 record
- Can the Dallas Cowboys recover from another blowout loss?
- TweetCap: Fans react to Cowboys primetime loss
- Why Rangers fans should be excited for Game 7 of the NLCS at Globe Life Field
- Strange year continues as Mavs offseason buzz is picking up in… October?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 5
- Globe Life Field makes history in NLCS with something it’s been lacking: fans
- Season Outlook: Expectations following Prescott’s injury?
- Cowboys fans try to come to grips with the emotions of the Dak Prescott injury
- DSF Recap: Emotional win gives Dallas first place in NFC East