Either C.J. Miles and Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle just happened to bump into one another at a New York sushi joint or Miles’ hometown team has an interest in bringing the free agent back to Dallas.
The Utah Jazz shooting guard who starred at Dallas Skyline High School tweeted Sunday night that he and Carlisle were having dinner together:
“Great dinner and meeting in NYC at Atlantic Grill w/ Coach Carlisle … Sushi is amazing get the Sweet and Spicy roll!!
Miles followed that up with a second tweet:
“Can most definitely see why players like and play well for him ..”
Miles, a former teammates of Deron Williams‘ with the Jazz, has long expressed a desire to play for his hometown team, something the Mavs certainly hope Williams will choose to do after Carlisle, president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson and special consultant Michael Finley meet with the All-Star point guard Monday in New York.
However, if Williams opts to play for the Mavs, that could end their pursuit of the lanky, 6-foot-6 Miles because of limited cap space, said a source close to the situation. It’s certainly not impossible depending on other roster maneuverings, including a possible sign-and-trade.
Miles, who has spent all seven of his seasons with the Jazz after entering to the NBA straight from high school in 2005, has interest from several other teams.
He averaged 9.1 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists last season, playing 20.4 minutes a game, his low of the previous four seasons. He averaged a career-high 12.8 points in 2010-11. He’s never been a terrific 3-point shooter, with a career percentage of 32.9 percent.
Still, at just 25 years old, Miles could provide Dallas with a young, athletic wing.
It’s just might be difficult to pair up with his former teammate.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- What to watch for as the Mavericks host the Cavs
- Mavericks hold on to force fourth-straight loss for Irving, Nets
- Photos: Mavs vs Nets (May 6, 2021)
- Five realistic free agents Dallas should consider post-draft
- NFL Draft Review: How much potential does Wright have to contribute?
- What to watch for as the Mavs look to knock off the Nets
- Getting to know the Dallas Cowboys third round picks: Osa Odighizuwa, Chauncey Golston and Nashon Wright
- NFL Draft Review: Golston gives size, length to remolded defense
- Three takeaways from the Mavericks big win over the Heat
- NFL Draft Review: Odighizuwa can be disruptive for interior line