It’s about to become the only think anyone talks about.
Through All-Star Weekend, Dwight Howard was able to keep a lid on the speculation about whether or not he will be traded. But that is about to change. The Magic players and front office staff are going to be asked constantly about whether or not he will be moved. Rumors are going to fly around. It’s going to get crazy.
All that also going to impact teams where he might land. Like the New Jersey Nets, who have their eye on Howard to pair with Deron Williams.
Williams said he thinks the Nets are prepared to deal with it because of everything they have gone through this season.
“We’ve had a lot of injuries, a lot of things to fight through,” Williams said. “I think we’re a pretty resilient team.
“Guys have been pretty much dealing with this all season. It’s not like it really hasn’t been a big focus (for us), there are frequently asked questions out there. I think guys have handled it well all year and we’re going to do keep doing it. That’s our job.”
That’s what he should say. But I don’t think he really grasps how crazy this is going to get until Orlando makes up their mind one way or another.
Pro Basketball Talk
- Photos: Dallas and Kansas City Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt previews MLS season
- Free Agency Radar: Damon Harrison’s release a prime opportunity for Cowboys?
- Texas Legends vs South Bay Lakers | “We play better on the road”
- Mailbag: Trading for Darius Slay; Bigger impact from Dez or Witten?
- Three big questions surrounding the Mavericks after the All-Star break
- Witten: “I want to bring a championship here”
- Photos: Texas Legends vs. South Bay Lakers (February 19, 2020)
- Stars second half surge has them shooting towards the top of the Western Conference
- Mailbag: First-year expectations for Mike McCarthy; need at linebacker?
- Dallas Sidekicks suffer back-to-back losses