Recap: Shout out to Charles Barkley on lighting the fire under Dirk Nowitzki. He continued his spectacular play by dropping 33 points on 11-19 shooting. Since Chuck’s comment about Dirk being washed up, he has averaged 28 points on 61 percent shooting.
Jason Kidd also made his long awaited return, and showed exactly what the Mavs have been missing. Although Kidd had did have 8 turnovers, he put in a solid eight-point, 10-assist, five-rebound,two-steal performance. When the Mavs let a 17 point lead slip away, it was Kidd’s veteran leadership that helped put the Timberwolves away for good. When the lead got cut down to three while Kidd rested, he returned and hit a huge 3-pointer, which led to an 11-2 run for Dallas, officially putting the pups to sleep for the night.
Play of the game: Trying to put the game away for good, the Mavs led 92-82 with 6 minutes left to play. Jason Kidd dribbled at the top of the key and found Dirk Nowitzki all alone at the 3 point line. Dirk, who has struggled from the 3-point line didn’t think twice, as he launched a dagger into the hearts of Minnesota. That was then followed by one of his trademark celebrations. LETS GO HOME!!!!!
Stat of the night: The Mavericks had 16 steals and forced a season high 27 turnovers.
What’s on tap: The Mavs will return to the AAC and take on their round one foes from last season, the Portland Trailblazers.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- What to watch for as the Mavericks host the Cavs
- Mavericks hold on to force fourth-straight loss for Irving, Nets
- Photos: Mavs vs Nets (May 6, 2021)
- Five realistic free agents Dallas should consider post-draft
- NFL Draft Review: How much potential does Wright have to contribute?
- What to watch for as the Mavs look to knock off the Nets
- Getting to know the Dallas Cowboys third round picks: Osa Odighizuwa, Chauncey Golston and Nashon Wright
- NFL Draft Review: Golston gives size, length to remolded defense
- Three takeaways from the Mavericks big win over the Heat
- NFL Draft Review: Odighizuwa can be disruptive for interior line