In true Dirk like fashion, last night’s all star game featured the big man running up and down the court in a game that doesn’t exactly suit his type of playing style. I’m sure that Rick Carlisle would’ve liked to see Dirk scratched from the roster card, but the 14 minutes he did play seemed okay enough. He struggled from deep(hopefully not a returning issue for the 2nd half stretch), and ended up with 7 points, 4 rebounds, and 1 assist.
These games are all just a way for Dirk to take a break from his crazy workout schedule, and yes, even hang out with Lebron and Dwyane Wade….All joking aside, even though it was only 14 minutes, we should all cherish these moments. Dirk Nowitzki is a rare superstar. He doesn’t care about the commercials, his own brand on a shoe, or even the television exposure. He just shows up, plays, and has a good time…and it shows.
- Photos: Stars vs Blues (February 21, 2020)
- Photos: Dallas and Kansas City Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt previews MLS season
- Free Agency Radar: Damon Harrison’s release a prime opportunity for Cowboys?
- Texas Legends vs South Bay Lakers | “We play better on the road”
- Mailbag: Trading for Darius Slay; Bigger impact from Dez or Witten?
- Three big questions surrounding the Mavericks after the All-Star break
- Witten: “I want to bring a championship here”
- Photos: Texas Legends vs. South Bay Lakers (February 19, 2020)
- Stars second half surge has them shooting towards the top of the Western Conference
- Mailbag: First-year expectations for Mike McCarthy; need at linebacker?