“We don’t get any calls, which I know everybody always hears,” Gearon said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “But I’ll give you a stat. Last night, we are playing this old physical team. They are old. I know what happens when you play basketball, old guys foul. [Kevin] Garnett is the dirtiest guy in the league. We are playing Boston last night and they had two fouls the whole first half. We had five times that and we’re athletic.”
“Did you see what Al Horford did (in Tuesday’s Game 5)?” he said. “The timeline for recovery for his injury is another three months. He’s not even supposed to be playing and Josh should not be playing. Zaza (Pachulia) can’t stand up, but if we can get past this round there is a chance that we can get him back. So this is a team that is overcoming adversity. I wish … some of the national media or even some of the local media, more the paper than the TV guys, recognize how hard these guys are playing based on how injured they are.”
The Celtics lead the Hawks 3-2 in an Eastern Conference quarterfinal playoff series. Game 6 is Thursday at 8 p.m. ET in Boston.
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- The unfortunate truth of the Rangers and baseball’s 2020 season
- Biggest beneficiaries from the Mavs if the remainder of the 2019-2020 NBA season is lost
- Stars public address announcer uses voice to raise money amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Working from Home Like a Pro
- FC Dallas Patiently Waiting to Return to Normal Activities
- Cowboys Mailbag: DeMarcus Lawrence still an elite pass rusher?
- Most and least valuable 2020 Dallas Stars contracts
- Rangers’ Good Guy Shin-Soo Choo provides an act of generosity to Rangers’ minor leaguers
- DSF Roundup: Writers make their argument for prime Romo or Aikman
- Corey: My five favorite Dallas Cowboys