The Mavs Fanatic – Ryan Wilson: 6th (5th Last Week)
An easy victory over a depleted Celtics’ squad was followed by a tough loss to the Los Angeles Lakers, heading into the All-Star Break. It was a valiant effort, as the Mavs’ were without Odom,Beaubois,and West. The more daunting task however? 9 games in the next 12 days. I may sound like a broken record, but if a team could do this, it would be the Mavericks. I’ve learned not to doubt this team before. However, if the real Lamar Odom would start to show up, that would be great! (see picture above…ugghh)
ESPN – Marc Stein: 7th (6th Last Week)
Leave it to the tireless @mavstats on Twitter to do the math and figure out that the daunting stretch coming out of the All-Star break for the creaky ol’ champs, featuring nine games in 12 days, is something only four other teams will endure in this lockout-shortened season: Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte and Chicago.
NBA.com – John Schuhmann: 6th (5th Last Week)
Pace: 93.9 (16), Off: 99.5 (19), Def: 96.0 (3)
A stat: The Mavs have the No. 27 offense (97.5 points per 100 possessions) and No. 1 defense (95.3) in February.
A question: Will the Mavs ever hit their stride offensively?
A prediction: Either Lamar Odom or Jason Kidd might actually shoot 40 percent in the second half, but the Mavs will exit the playoffs early.
SheridanHoops.com – Chris Sheridan: 7th (5th Last Week)
Had a nice chat recently with Mark Cuban, who has been checking out SheridanHoops from time to time but says he is too busy in regular season to read anything regularly. He is of the belief that most journalism is trash, and I am out to convince him and everyone else that it doesn’t have to be that way. Once upon a time, he just wanted to hear IU games on the radio, and look where it got him. Me? I have exhausted my patience for assholes in positions of power. We’ll see where it gets me.
Teamrankings.com – Power Ratings: 6th (6th Last Week)
ESPN – John Holinger’s Rankings: 5th (6th Last Week)
- What to watch for in the regular season finale as the Mavs take on the Timberwolves
- After a slow start, David Dahl is on the rise for the Rangers
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks victory over the Raptors
- What to watch for as Dallas hosts the Toronto Raptors
- Mavs push Pelicans out of playoffs behind explosive 45-point second quarter
- 2021 Dallas Cowboys schedule takeaways
- The PGA Tour returns to Dallas for the 2021 Byron Nelson at TPC Craig Ranch
- What’s the deal with the Texas Rangers and series openers?
- What to watch for as Mavs host the New Orleans Pelicans
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars miss the postseason: Is that actually a good thing?