The Mavs Fanatic – Ryan Wilson: 5th (7th Last Week)
Ok, so ya the Mavs 6 game winning streak was ended by Linsanity on Sunday, but that doesn’t dismiss the rest of the week. The Mavericks posted solid wins against playoff contenders LA Clippers, Denver Nuggets, Philadelphia 76ers. Dirk is playing at “Robo-Dirk” status, and there are some tough match ups this week, with the Celtics and Lakers both coming to town.
ESPN – Marc Stein: 6th (9th Last Week)
During its six-game winning streak, Dallas held opponents to 89.5 ppg on 39.2 percent shooting while Dirk took his total of 30-point games to three this month after none in his first 19 games. Translation: The champs can still be a title contender with that formula even when their main focus is 2012 free agency.
NBA.com – John Schuhmann: 5th (7th Last Week)
The Mavs lost Delonte West to a broken finger on Wednesday, but with Jason Kidd healthy, their starting lineup is a plus-60 in 69 minutes over the last six games, scoring a ridiculous 117 points per 100 possessions. Despite Sunday’s loss in New York, Dallas had a strong week against a tough schedule.
NBA.com – David Aldridge: 4th (6th Last Week)
Six-game win streak gets Lincinerated Sunday at the Garden.
SheridanHoops.com – Chris Sheridan: 5th (7th Last Week)
The showcasing of Shawn Marion’s defensive prowess continues. As I have been telling you for weeks, the Mavs would move him for an expiring contract to clear the cap room to make max offers to Deron Williams and Dwight Howard. Matrix, 33, has recently defended point guards Ricky Rubio, Chris Paul, Ty Lawson, Jrue Holiday and Lou Williams. Advice to Mark Cuban: Trade him East.
Teamrankings.com – Power Ratings: 6th (7th Last Week)
ESPN – John Holinger’s Rankings: 6th (9th Last Week)
- Photos: Dallas and Kansas City Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt previews MLS season
- Free Agency Radar: Damon Harrison’s release a prime opportunity for Cowboys?
- Texas Legends vs South Bay Lakers | “We play better on the road”
- Mailbag: Trading for Darius Slay; Bigger impact from Dez or Witten?
- Three big questions surrounding the Mavericks after the All-Star break
- Witten: “I want to bring a championship here”
- Photos: Texas Legends vs. South Bay Lakers (February 19, 2020)
- Stars second half surge has them shooting towards the top of the Western Conference
- Mailbag: First-year expectations for Mike McCarthy; need at linebacker?
- Dallas Sidekicks suffer back-to-back losses