The Dallas Wings are coming off a season-opening loss to the Atlanta Dream and now they’re taking on this year’s No. 1 WNBA Draft Pick.
For the second consecutive season the Wings dropped their season opener. It was a high scoring game, 105-95, led by Arike Ogubowale and Allisha Gray with 19 points each. Isabelle Harrison collected her ninth career double-double with 18 points, 10 rebounds.
Oregon star Satou Sabally hit double digits in her WNBA debut notching 11 points, five rebounds and five assists. Now, Sabally will face her college teammate Sabrina Ionescu and the New York Liberty. The good news is the Liberty have just as many wins as the Wings do (zero,) so it’ll be interesting to see how both teams fight for a win.
In all fairness, Ionescu was pinned against the season favorites Seattle Storm. She collected 12 points, six rebounds, leaving her and Sabally neck and neck. Ionescu did, however, have four turnovers and missed all eight of the threes she took.
Moving forward the Wings may have a duo weapon in former championship teammates Allisha Gray and rookie Tyasha Harris. The two Gamecocks had several excitable runs and combined for 32 points. Harris fed Gray three assists resulting in scoreboard points for the Wings. Their natural connection is one that will push Dallas over this season.
📽️ A look back at the tape 📽️
— Dallas Wings (@DallasWings) July 27, 2020
The Wings take on the New York Liberty Wednesday at 7p.m. on CBS Sports Network.
- Jung and Hungry: How Josh Jung is ready for the 2023 Rangers Season
- Stars at the All-Star Break: Where Does Dallas Stand as Deboer, Robertson head to Florida?
- How Rangers Players like Corey Seager, Mitch Garver, and Brock Burke will adjust to Rule Changes
- Rivalry renewed: Top 5 Cowboys’ moments against 49ers
- Texas Rangers Foundation Participates in a Day of Service for MLK Day