1)The Rookie of the Year conversation starts now and Satou Sabally is the center of it.
The Dallas Wings (2-1) defeated the Indiana Fever Friday night 76-73 with a breakout performance by Sabally. The six-foot-four Forward recorded her first double-double racking up 23 points, 17 rebounds, making franchise history as the first rookie to score 20-plus points and grab 15-plus rebounds in a single game.
After just three games in the WNBA, Sabally is playing with the grit and confidence most rookies develop further along into the season. Averaging 15 points, nine rebounds, Sabally is strong, smart and I am convinced she has history as a gymnast.
mükemmel bir detaysınız satou sabally hanım 🦄 pic.twitter.com/WhS38pCXnA
— ķ (@misentobenee) August 1, 2020
Sabally may have been the star of the show, but rookie teammates Bella Alarie and Tyasha Harris played a big factor in the Wings’ win from behind.
No. 5 pick Alarie had herself a game against the Fever logging in six points, four rebounds and two clutch blocks. She competed at a high standard against Teaira McCowan and played a crucial part in the defensive success of the Wings.
Harris took over in the fourth quarter leading the team in assists with a total of five assists, seven points. Y’all, Harris is FAST. She is fast and unbothered and I’m also including her in the list of rookies who will pop off this season.
This draft class is so talented and fun to watch, I’m all in.
Next up for the Wings: Las Vegas Aces (1-2), 5 p.m. CT on ESPN2.
- Rangers face a familiar friend Saturday as Lance Lynn takes the mound for the White Sox
- DSF Roundup: Who could be a X-factor against LA?
- Preview: Cowboys get first shot at overcoming new injuries in road matchup with the Chargers
- Free Agent Overview: Options to help at defensive end thin for Cowboys
- Do Hunter Renfroe’s COVID testing comments bring up any questions with the Rangers?
- Rangers’ 2021 Roberto Clemente Award Nominee Jose Trevino reflects on his 2021 season
- Cowboys Mailbag: Can this offense succeed without Elliott?
- Position Outlook: Gallup’s absence opens door to show Elliott’s worth
- Team Overview: How the shorthanded Cowboys can rebound in Los Angeles
- Are the youthful Rangers up to the role of playoff spoilers?