Being a MFFL is something to be proud of. It’s a community of hardcore Mavericks fans dedicated to one thing and one thing only: Supporting the Dallas Mavericks. This tight knit group has long been recognized as one of the better fan bases in the NBA, and any time you have a group that is recognized, you are going to come across some key individuals who help drive that fan base.
For our 3rd segment of “10 Things You Didn’t Know,” we wanted to let you all become a little more acquainted with a true talent in Jeff “Skin” Wade. Jeff was hosting the Mavs Post Game Show with long time friend Ben Rogers, when Mark Cuban and the Mavericks organization invited him to join the in-game broadcasts midway into the 2008-09 season. His lively personality has been well received in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area, and to everyone else that is a part of the Mavs Nation. He can also be heard on 105.3 The Fan with Ben Rogers weekdays from 2 to 6 pm.
Here is what he had to say:
1. Favorite Movie:
Depending on the day – Goodfellas or City of God or Rushmore or Being John Malkovich
2. Favorite Song:
3. Favorite thing to eat:
4. How did you get your current job with the Mavericks?
At gunpoint. Well, not initially. That’s how I keep my job. Cuban and the folks that run the broadcast were very familiar with me from when Ben Rogers and I were hosting the Mavs Post Game Show on the Ticket and when they wanted to add a new element they felt that I’d be a good fit. That was midway through Rick’s first season here and I’ve been in the mix ever since.
5. What do you love most about the job?
6. Favorite Mavericks Moment:
7. What’s the most memorable Mavericks game you’ve been a part of?
Three stand out:
1. January 8, 2009 – Mavs hosting the Knicks. That was the first game I ever called with Mark and Bob. Had no idea what I was supposed to do, what the long-term plan was, or how to do what we were doing. But I did make several Eddy Curry jokes so that was important.
2. Saturday afternoon March 30, 2013 against the Bulls. Dirk dropped 35 to keep their playoff hopes alive. It was spectacular. I remember running down the hall after the game to do post game interview and high-fiving everyone along the way. It felt like the playoffs – really amazing. So many full beards…
3. Game 4 against Portland in 2011 first round after Brandon Roy went nuts and they collapsed. I distinctly remember our post game hit. I was emphatic that this wasn’t the same old Mavs and that they would rebound. It wasn’t just “rah-rah” $h!t neither. We believed it. Obviously the team did too.
8. Favorite Sports Team not named the Mavericks:
9. Most embarrassing thing that happened on the job?
10. A hobby that you have/do that people may not be aware of:
To find out more about “Skin” and his awesome radio personality, check out him on Twitter and find him on his radio show at 105.3 FM The Fan weekdways from 2:00-6:00 pm.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers broadcaster CJ Nitkowski discusses the possible routes to a 2020 season
- 2012 Rangers Bonus: How Texas fares in baseball simulation vs. Actual results
- Esports Trade Association President John Davidson talks connecting with the female audience and possible growth opportunities
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Colby Lewis dominates in Seattle, but offense doesn’t break through until the 12th
- Should’ve been, could’ve been: The story of the 2012 Texas Rangers, Part Three
- How many quarterbacks are better than Dak Prescott?
- Should’ve Been, Could’ve Been: The story of the 2012 Texas Rangers, Part Two
- What does the future hold for the Rangers old Globe Life Park?
- Sports Innovation Lab’s 2020 Hackathon
- Cowboys Mailbag: Underselling Jason Garrett as an offensive coordinator?