Though Dirk Nowitzki remains sidelined with a sore Achilles, there is small joy inside Dallas once again as the Mavericks are no longer winless after snapping their five-game losing skid in overtime against the Milwaukee Bucks on Sunday.
Playing without Nowitzki, Devin Harris and Deron Williams, the Mavs rallied behind a youthful cast of characters which included big-time minutes for players like rookie Dorian Finney-Smith. His defensive performance forced three steals and a block along with key defensive stops in the fourth quarter and overtime, drawing attention from head coach Rick Carlisle.
Rick Carlisle says the @dallasmavs gave the game ball to Dorian Finney-Smith. "Frankly, we wouldn't have won the game without him."
— Earl K. Sneed (@EarlKSneed) November 7, 2016
Finney-Smith logged 32 minutes off the bench in the victory, taking primary duties from Justin Anderson early in the second quarter. J.J. Barea, Wes Matthews (shot 3-for-17, 3-for-14 from three) and Harrison Barnes each logged at least 40 minutes in the overtime victory, with different results in terms of productivity. Barnes, a key offseason acquisition for Dallas, led all scorers with a career-high 34 points along with 8 rebounds. His performance marks the second time in six games the forward has totaled a new career-high in scoring. J.J. Barea added 21 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists, including a pair of baskets during a 12-1 run in overtime that helped the Mavs put Milwaukee away for good.
— Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) November 7, 2016
A west coast trip is on the horizon for Barnes and Co. as the Mavs are preparing to travel to California. First up, they’ll square off at 9:30 p.m. CST on Tuesday against a young, energetic Los Angeles Lakers bunch that is discovering an identity under new head coach Luke Walton.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule
- Shin-Soo Choo continuing to help the Rangers organization on and off the field
- Jordan Spieth and other top pros return for the Workday Charity Classic
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule
- Three Rangers needing to click for team success in 2020
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo tests positive for COVID-19
- SMU alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth