Did anything the Rangers had to say regarding the pick surprise you?
Alex: I thought it was a bit surprising how zeroed in the Rangers were on Justin Foscue. It felt like the Rangers dismissed the defense for the bat which can work if the player has the makeup of a prime superstar. While Foscue shows his bat is a solid one, he doesn’t have the look on the field as a bat that can carry the team.
Where do you think Foscue fits into the Rangers’ long-term plans?
Garrett: At best, he’s a long-term replacement option for Rougned Odor at second. By the time Odor’s albatross contract expires, Foscue will be ready to go. At worst, he’s immediate minor league depth. His 2019 stats are proof of that, with a .331 average, 14 homers and 60 RBI at Mississippi State. Foscue also hits the ball hard, which only trends positively in analytic schools- his 52% hard-hit rate in 2019 is Major League comparable to that of Atlanta slugger Marcel Ozuna.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
/ 11 months ago
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- ‘Luka Magic’ drafted to Team LeBron for 2021 NBA All-Star Game
- Mavericks head into All-Star break with a win over the Thunder
- Photos: Mavs vs Thunder (March 3, 2021)
- Is the Trevor Story dream realistic for the Rangers?
- Is it flight or fall for Ronald Guzmán and the Rangers?
- What to watch for as the Dallas Mavericks face the Oklahoma City Thunder
- Luka to participate in the NBA Skills Challenge
- Dak Prescott wants Patrick Mahomes money?
- A couple of takeaways as the Mavericks escape the Magic in Orlando
- Stars Weekly: Stars limp into March after losing eight of last nine