Did anything the Rangers had to say regarding the pick surprise you?
Alex: I thought it was a bit surprising how zeroed in the Rangers were on Justin Foscue. It felt like the Rangers dismissed the defense for the bat which can work if the player has the makeup of a prime superstar. While Foscue shows his bat is a solid one, he doesn’t have the look on the field as a bat that can carry the team.
Where do you think Foscue fits into the Rangers’ long-term plans?
Garrett: At best, he’s a long-term replacement option for Rougned Odor at second. By the time Odor’s albatross contract expires, Foscue will be ready to go. At worst, he’s immediate minor league depth. His 2019 stats are proof of that, with a .331 average, 14 homers and 60 RBI at Mississippi State. Foscue also hits the ball hard, which only trends positively in analytic schools- his 52% hard-hit rate in 2019 is Major League comparable to that of Atlanta slugger Marcel Ozuna.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule
- Shin-Soo Choo continuing to help the Rangers organization on and off the field
- Jordan Spieth and other top pros return for the Workday Charity Classic
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule
- Three Rangers needing to click for team success in 2020
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo tests positive for COVID-19
- SMU alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth