What’s the plan for Klay Thompson?
It’s been a bit of a tough year for the Warriors sharp shooter. He’s shooting 36% on threes this year, which for many is fine, that is about league avaerage after all. But Klay Thompson is no average jumpshooter. He has never in his eight year career, shot under 40% until now.
Unfortunatley for the Mavericks, he appears to be finding his stroke right as the defending champs come rolling into town. He’s coming off a few highly efficient performances, and when Klay gets warm, things get bad for the opposing team.
It’s hard to be fully engaged on Klay when the Dubs also feature two of the greatest offensive weapons the league has ever seen, but it’s something the Mavericks are going to have to manage if they want to extend their win streak to three.
It will be interesting to see how they choose to defend him.
What will the rotations look like without JJ Barea?
Many have been calling for Rick to alter his rotations, and with JJ done for the season with a torn Achilles, his hand is going to be forced. Nobody wished for it to happen like this though. JJ is beloved and everyone is hoping for a speedy, and full recovery.
But the show must go on. And with no JJ, the Mavs usual bench advantage will likely not exist anymore. The emergence of Jalen Branson certainly helps, but finding creative ways to mix and match certain lineups is necessary. What does that mean? Only Rick Carlisle knows, but staggering Luka and Dennis, where one of them gets a chance to run the team with second unit is a good idea. Also, utilizing Wes or Harrison with that group as a featured scorer could work. Maybe one of them winds up coming off the pine all together.
One way or the other, this team will have a different look tonight. It will be interesting to see what it is.
What does Luka have in store for us tonight?
It really is something every night with night with Luka. In Minnesota, it was a 29 point, 12 assist, 8 rebound double double, featuring a clutch scoring flurry to put the Mavs ahead late. The last time these two teams met, it was a 15 point first quarter scoring outburst featuring an array of nasty stepback jumpers.
So what’s it going to be this time? That sounds remarkably arrogant, but that’s just the standard this kid has set. To quote coach Carlisle, “He’s got a flair for the dramatic.”‘
With the defending champs in town, Luka will surely be ready to perform.
- Ep. 2: AD-Lakers trade, Celtics drama, NBA Draft, Cowboys contract situations, U.S. Women’s Soccer, & more
- Dallas Fanatic Pod: 100th Episode Pt 2: Luka Doncic wins Rookie of the Year, NBA free agency heats up and Taimon gets married!
- Pence and Gallo finalists to represent the Rangers as starters in the All-Star Game
- Dallas Fanatic Pod: 100TH EPISODE PT 1. !!!!! Former Cowboys RB Lincoln Coleman sits down with DSF to discuss the Cowboys and his time with the team!
- Why Kemba Walker makes sense for Dallas
- Luka Doncic’s Historic Rookie Campaign is Complete; Named 2018-2019 NBA Rookie of the Year
- Photos: Rangers vs White Sox (June 23, 2019)
- 3 reasons why Prescott is owed huge payday
- 3 reasons why the Mavs shouldn’t pursue a ‘big fish’ in free agency
- How Liz Cambage, Las Vegas Aces ended Wings two-game win streak