What’s the plan for Klay Thompson?
It’s been a bit of a tough year for the Warriors sharp shooter. He’s shooting 36% on threes this year, which for many is fine, that is about league avaerage after all. But Klay Thompson is no average jumpshooter. He has never in his eight year career, shot under 40% until now.
Unfortunatley for the Mavericks, he appears to be finding his stroke right as the defending champs come rolling into town. He’s coming off a few highly efficient performances, and when Klay gets warm, things get bad for the opposing team.
It’s hard to be fully engaged on Klay when the Dubs also feature two of the greatest offensive weapons the league has ever seen, but it’s something the Mavericks are going to have to manage if they want to extend their win streak to three.
It will be interesting to see how they choose to defend him.
What will the rotations look like without JJ Barea?
Many have been calling for Rick to alter his rotations, and with JJ done for the season with a torn Achilles, his hand is going to be forced. Nobody wished for it to happen like this though. JJ is beloved and everyone is hoping for a speedy, and full recovery.
But the show must go on. And with no JJ, the Mavs usual bench advantage will likely not exist anymore. The emergence of Jalen Branson certainly helps, but finding creative ways to mix and match certain lineups is necessary. What does that mean? Only Rick Carlisle knows, but staggering Luka and Dennis, where one of them gets a chance to run the team with second unit is a good idea. Also, utilizing Wes or Harrison with that group as a featured scorer could work. Maybe one of them winds up coming off the pine all together.
One way or the other, this team will have a different look tonight. It will be interesting to see what it is.
What does Luka have in store for us tonight?
It really is something every night with night with Luka. In Minnesota, it was a 29 point, 12 assist, 8 rebound double double, featuring a clutch scoring flurry to put the Mavs ahead late. The last time these two teams met, it was a 15 point first quarter scoring outburst featuring an array of nasty stepback jumpers.
So what’s it going to be this time? That sounds remarkably arrogant, but that’s just the standard this kid has set. To quote coach Carlisle, “He’s got a flair for the dramatic.”‘
With the defending champs in town, Luka will surely be ready to perform.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm
- A couple takeaways from The Mavericks 104-93 win over the Hornets