Dak Prescott has been doing a media tour as of late. He says he is very excited to prove a lot of people wrong and he believes that the 2018 Dallas Cowboys will be very exciting. Coming off a 9-7 2017 season and with so many new faces, he got a lot of eye rolls with that statement. But did he have a point? Let’s take a look at four reasons why the Cowboys could be exciting.
Elliott brings a lot of excitement to the offense. He is one of the few players in the league that could take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Running backs coach Gary Brown has told Elliott to be in the best shape of his life going into training camp. They have restocked the offensive line with the addition of Connor Williams, so Elliott figures to be in for a huge workload in 2018. . Elliott is “all for” a heavy workload. He is itching to play all 16 games this season after only playing 10 games last season.
“A lot is asked from the running back of the Dallas Cowboys, a lot has been asked for me the past two seasons, and I think Ive had some great strides this offseason getting ready to carry that workload.”
We have touched on this all offseason about how hungry Demarcus Lawrence has been to have a repeat of his 2017 season. Lawrence was ranked #34 on the NFL networks top 100 players going into 2018. When that was released, he quickly tweeted out, “33 spots to go.” He has maintained all offseason that the franchise tag does not bother him and he is remaining patient in contract negotiations. Lawrence and the Cowboys have until July 16th to work out a long-term deal.
Is he a receiver? Is he a running back? The answer to those questions remains unclear. What is clear is that the Cowboys think they have a real weapon in Tavon Austin, no matter what position he is at. They are expected to use him in multiple formations. His route running, quickness and burst are all things that have stood out during the offseason program. Dak called getting Austin “a steal.”
Jaylon Smith has been practicing all offseason without the brace he was forced to play with in 2017. . Smith admits he is still in a race to get to 100 percent healthy and he is not sure when that will happen. Jaylon has said that he has added more muscle and is faster than he was during his college days at Notre Dame. He took all the snaps at middle linebacker during the offseason with Leighton Vander Esch missing time with his ankle injury. Smith, Lee and Vander Esch could become one of the most athletic, versatile linebacker groups in the NFL in 2018.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Postgame reaction to Stars’ opening qualifier loss to Vegas
- Knights Oust the Stars in the First Game of Round Robin
- Rangers Stock Report: Gallo is up and bullpen is down after 10 days
- Another disappointing second half as Mavericks fall to Suns
- Class in session: What we learned from the Rangers this past week
- Mavericks look to clinch first playoff birth since 2015-16 against Suns
- Satou Sabally asserts dominance, earns first career double-double
- Mavs loss on Friday night is the first reminder in months of the team’s greatest weakness
- Four takeaways as the Mavs drop a heartbreaker to Houston
- Mavericks Restart Roundtable: Scrimmage reactions and playoff seeding predictions