Sean Lee has recorded 83 tackles, a sack and an interception this year for the Cowboys. Lee was given more playing time following Leighton Vander Esch’s final game against the Detroit Lions. Lee took a major pay cut at $3.5 million this year to remain with Dallas this season and proved how big a security blanket he can be behind LVE who had neck concerns coming out of college. At 34, the former pro-bowler would continue to serve as one of the better third linebackers if the two agree on another one-year deal next season.
Quinn enjoyed his best season since 2014 with 10.5 sacks and has arguably been the Cowboys’ best defensive lineman this year. His cap hit is at $8 million this season but may have played himself out of Dallas’ price range.
After three straight down weeks, Cobb bounced back with a five-catch, 73-yard performance against the Philadelphia Eagles last week. Cobb was meant to replace the production of Cole Beasley and has, at times, shown an ability to make big plays in this offense. Cobb was signed at a team-friendly price of $5 million this year, but Dallas may look to go younger at the position as he will be 31 at the start of next season.
The defensive tackle position has been an issue throughout the season, but Collins has found some production in his contract year. He has a career-high five sacks on the year, though his inconsistent play has been a problem since his breakout rookie year. Collins cap hit was under a million this year, but he will surely look for a boost in salary with 15 career sacks.
One of the most criticized defensive players for the Cowboys is currently set to hit the open market. Heath has battled nagging shoulder injuries this year and has caused him to sit out the most games we’ve seen since joining the team in 2013. Heath still has 55 tackles on the season and eight career interceptions. Depending on the outcome of the Washington game, it will be only his second time finishing the season without an interception and the first time since 2014.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- How does Dallas’ defense stack up against the rest of the league?
- Dallas Cowboys way-too-early 2021 draft preview: First round defensive tackles
- DSF Mailbag: Confidence in the offense after Sunday’s performance?
- Takeaways From Game Two, as Lightning Even the Series
- Around the NFC East: Cowboys win on Sunday creates big opportunity in upcoming weeks
- TweetCap: Fans react to the Cowboys comeback win over Atlanta
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot