Sean Lee has recorded 83 tackles, a sack and an interception this year for the Cowboys. Lee was given more playing time following Leighton Vander Esch’s final game against the Detroit Lions. Lee took a major pay cut at $3.5 million this year to remain with Dallas this season and proved how big a security blanket he can be behind LVE who had neck concerns coming out of college. At 34, the former pro-bowler would continue to serve as one of the better third linebackers if the two agree on another one-year deal next season.
Quinn enjoyed his best season since 2014 with 10.5 sacks and has arguably been the Cowboys’ best defensive lineman this year. His cap hit is at $8 million this season but may have played himself out of Dallas’ price range.
After three straight down weeks, Cobb bounced back with a five-catch, 73-yard performance against the Philadelphia Eagles last week. Cobb was meant to replace the production of Cole Beasley and has, at times, shown an ability to make big plays in this offense. Cobb was signed at a team-friendly price of $5 million this year, but Dallas may look to go younger at the position as he will be 31 at the start of next season.
The defensive tackle position has been an issue throughout the season, but Collins has found some production in his contract year. He has a career-high five sacks on the year, though his inconsistent play has been a problem since his breakout rookie year. Collins cap hit was under a million this year, but he will surely look for a boost in salary with 15 career sacks.
One of the most criticized defensive players for the Cowboys is currently set to hit the open market. Heath has battled nagging shoulder injuries this year and has caused him to sit out the most games we’ve seen since joining the team in 2013. Heath still has 55 tackles on the season and eight career interceptions. Depending on the outcome of the Washington game, it will be only his second time finishing the season without an interception and the first time since 2014.
- Baseball rule changes: How do Ranger fans feel about proposed postseason adjustments?
- The beginning of a new era: What lies ahead for the Dallas Wings?
- Mavericks Weekly Preview (2/17-2/23)
- With free agency nearing, Dallas quiet on contract negotiations
- Game Preview: Landry Jones set for debut against Wildcats
- Which Rangers infielder has the most to prove in 2020?
- The best of Luka Doncic in the NBA Rising Stars game
- Photos: NBA Rising Stars (February 14, 2020)
- DSF partners with Monster Hydro, Stadium Blitz and Rob Gronkowski for obstacle course-based event at SMU on March 14
- Free Agency Radar: Addressing safety with Anthony Harris?