This isn’t a loss good teams are supposed to have
Good basketball teams are supposed to win these games.
Yes, I know the Wizards are a solid outfit. Yes, I know Brunson was out. But on a three-rest advantage and playing at home? There is really no excuse.
Maybe the most troubling thing is that it’s seemingly a new issue that is their demise in every loss. Sometimes it’s crunch time offense, sometimes it’s rebounding, free throw shooting, etc…
Tonight it was their point of attack defense & rebounding. That signifies a team with little margin for error and is cause for concern moving forward.
The Mavericks need this KP consistently
I wish there was a way the level of confidence and decisiveness Kristaps Porzingis is currently playing with could be put in a freezer and kept for future use.
He is just simply playing fantastic basketball on both ends. He’s scoring at all three levels, protecting the basket, making threes, etc…
As I said after the Clippers game, him playing this way just changes the calculus of this team.
Hell, they might need to get him more involved in the offense. That’s not something I thought I would have said last season.
The Mavericks have the worst center rotation in the league
Rarely am I this blunt or critical of the Mavericks. I am a firm believer that things are never as bad they seem, but with the Mavs center rotation it’s the truth.
That’s not mean to be disrespectful or question their merit as NBA players. But for as many minutes and the roles they are asked to play, it’s just not enough.
Im not really not sure what the answer is. They have little trade ammo and what they do have needs to be devoted elsewhere, but man…Daniel Gafford absolutely destroyed them. They can’t hold up long term like that.
- Victory Avenue Podcast Episode 32: The Mavs can play some defense and Luka finally went nuclear
- ICYMI: Dallas Stars Fanatic Pod teams up with Starcastic Remarks for Canadiens Postgame Reaction
- Rangers’ Manager Chris Woodward joins Top Step Podcast with his Cobbers
- Expiring contracts of Jalen Brunson and Dorian Finney-Smith shouldn’t be untouchable, but only for the right piece for rolling Mavericks
- Cowboys Playoff Preview: Time to find out if the 2021 Cowboys are different