The Mavericks found the answer with Kristaps…hopefully
Was there any doubt that Kristaps Porzingis was going to be more included in the offensive attack tonight? Especially after his, we will call it passive-aggressive comments following Wednesday night’s loss.
If it wasn’t clear before prior to the game, then it certainly was right after it tipped, as KP saw the first three shots of the game. And that renewed commitment to getting him involved worked! KP had one of his best performances of the season posting a 26-17-2 Line in a win.
Perhaps the best part was his eleven point fourth quarter, taking much needed pressure off Luka. They found him in advantageous positions and KP delivered over & over again. They need to do this every night.
This is a legitimately good defense
Full disclaimer: Reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo did not play in this game.
But it hasn’t really mattered who the Mavericks are playing. Since recovering from Covid, They’ve brought their defense every night and done a good job against even the best opponents.
As the broadcast noted, they have been one of the top rated defenses in the league over the last few months.
Just ask Khris Middleton & Jrue Holiday, who scored a combined 27 points on 43 shots. They aren’t quite a contender, but this new-found defensive identity definitely raises their ceiling.
Josh Richardson is having a miserable season
I consider myself a J-Rich apologist. I liked the trade when it was announced, I’ve defended him throughout the year, and promised fans a better version was on the way.
I think I’m ready to let go of that. He’s had more than enough time to find his footing and start being a regular contributor, but he just hasn’t.
He’s an important defensive piece, no doubt. But his hot-and-cold shooting and decision making is frustrating. Thankfully he seems to be a good culture guy, but man…the Mavericks could sure use more out of him.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- What to watch for as the Mavericks host the Cavs
- Mavericks hold on to force fourth-straight loss for Irving, Nets
- Photos: Mavs vs Nets (May 6, 2021)
- Five realistic free agents Dallas should consider post-draft
- NFL Draft Review: How much potential does Wright have to contribute?
- What to watch for as the Mavs look to knock off the Nets
- Getting to know the Dallas Cowboys third round picks: Osa Odighizuwa, Chauncey Golston and Nashon Wright
- NFL Draft Review: Golston gives size, length to remolded defense
- Three takeaways from the Mavericks big win over the Heat
- NFL Draft Review: Odighizuwa can be disruptive for interior line