This team has an availability problem
Obviously, the Covid-positive players will be back. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hardaway & Brunson are back tomorrow. And KP is still getting himself back into game rhythm.
However, dating all the way back about this time last year, this team has had an issue fielding its full roster. You run that risk when you invest several assets into a guy like Kristaps Porzingis. Terrific player, obviously, but it comes with the territory.
That much was expected, but what about the other guys? Luka has had some stints out with an ankle. Hardaway always has a groin/hamstring issues pop up. Finney-Smith had a calf.
None of it major, but it seems like any time a critical piece is returning, another key guy goes down. It’s been that way for a full calendar year.
They’re (Luka) is good enough to overcome it on some nights, but they’ve taken too many losses because of it. Today was another example of that.
These rookies aren’t ready to play just yet
Full disclaimer: This isn’t me proclaiming them to be busts. Nothing of the sort.
But they are rookies. And that transition from college-to-pro is a tough one. It’s why most of the newbies in the league struggle. And It’s no different for Josh Green, Tyrell Terry, Tyler Bey, and Nate Hinton.
For aforementioned reasons, two of these guys have been thrust into the rotation. And it’s very clear they aren’t ready for that responsibility.
This experience is crucial for them. That much is good, but when everyone returns, they likely won’t see consistent minutes for a long while. And for a team looking to contend, that’s a good thing.
Appreciate Luka Doncic all the time
We’re all avid fans and followers of the team. The interests of the team comes before any individual.
With that type of mindset, it can be hard to appreciate an individual performance within the context of a loss. A fairly lopsided loss at that.
But that magic show Luka just put on, especially in that first half where he scored 30 points (!!!) is worth getting swept up in. The dude is straight up brilliant and with him on your team, you always have a fighting chance.
Yes, the Mavericks lost at home by sixteen. But Luka’s 36 point, 16 rebound, 15 assist, 3 steal, 6 three-point FG performance something to marvel at. The kid is all-time.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- After a wild first half, where exactly do the Mavericks stand at the All-Star break?
- 365 days after getting hit in the face, Willie Calhoun is back to having fun for the Rangers
- Plenty of Rangers players having to be flexible as they look to make the roster
- ‘Luka Magic’ drafted to Team LeBron for 2021 NBA All-Star Game
- Mavericks head into All-Star break with a win over the Thunder
- Photos: Mavs vs Thunder (March 3, 2021)
- Is the Trevor Story dream realistic for the Rangers?
- Is it flight or fall for Ronald Guzmán and the Rangers?
- What to watch for as the Dallas Mavericks face the Oklahoma City Thunder
- Luka to participate in the NBA Skills Challenge