Things We Do Not Know
Should Dak Prescott be the future of this franchise? Can Dallas somehow retain Amari Cooper, Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott, Demarcus Lawerence, and Byron Jones for the primes of their careers? I don’t know, and neither do you. Right now anyone with an ear to the ground and a finger on the pulse of this Cowboys’ front office would tell you the back half of this season goes a long way in determining where the money truck backs up.
The future is murky for this Cowboys ball club. But that is just life in the NFL. Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones sits atop his palace issuing decrees and promising contracts left and right. However, what I do know is that this Cowboys team as currently constructed looks good in more ways than one. Here are some vital numbers that can help us get a more accurate pulse on just how Dallas is doing.
3 & 93
3 is where rookie linebacker Leighton Vander Esch ranks in the NFL in total tackles. 93 is the total amount of tackles the rookie phenom has conglomerated through the first 11 games. I’m not entirely certain what the good folks at Boise State put in their water supply, but I would like to purchase it in bulk. Vander Esch and Demarcus Lawrence (also from Boise State) appear to be the bedrock of a deep and fundamentally sound defensive roster.
6 is the number of pro bowlers Dallas has drafted in the first round since 2008. It could very well be 8 by the end of the season. Cornerback Byron Jones and LB Vander Esch have been playing out of their mind in the 2018 campaign.
Is my grade point average. Kidding. 3.0 is the average YPS (yards per separation) Amari Cooper generates per route. Good for top-ten through the first 11 games. Cooper’s ability to create distance comes from impeccable route-running ability as well as his speed which surprised many during the Cowboys’ win over the Redskins last Thursday.
— Dallas Cowboys (@dallascowboys) November 22, 2018
Not to Mention My Personal Favorite Number…
Where the Cowboys currently rank in the NFC East.
- Rangers blast Cardinals in first home meeting since 2011 World Series
- Dallas Mavericks create new entertainment group
- Texas Rangers Quarter-Pole Roundtable: What exactly do we have here?
- Dallas Wings Complete Liz Cambage Trade, Add 2 Players and Draft Pick
- Dallas Fanatic Pod Ep 95: NBA Lottery, NBA Playoffs, and take me out to the ballgame!!!
- Rangers call up Willie Calhoun, what this means for Willie and Texas
- “I’m this close to running my mouth.” Wings center Liz Cambage speaks out on trade rumors
- Draft Lottery Reactions and How it Affects the Mavericks Offseason Plans
- Player Profile: Michael Gallup
- Unfettered Optimism Pt.2- Why 2019 Could Be Special for the Cowboys