The Texas Rangers are going to report for spring training in Surprise, Arizona here in a couple of weeks. The 2020 season will be the first season at Globe Life Field.
There was a ton of excitement heading into the Rangers offseason as the expectation was set that they would be willing to add payroll this offseason. That excitement only skyrocketed after they were able to acquire former Cy Young winner Corey Kluber. They also signed starting pitchers Jordan Lyles and Kyle Gibson to complete the rotation.
With the rotation improved from 2019, the focus shifted to the lineup and how the Rangers could improve there.
They were linked with some of the bigger name free agents such as, Anthony Rendon, Marcell Ozuna and Nicholas Castellanos. In the trade market, they were linked with names like Nolan Arenado, Kris Bryant and then late in the offseason, there was a thought that they may in play for Starling Marte from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
As of now, one of those names will be wearing a Rangers uniform in 2020.
Rendon signed a 7 year, $245 million deal with the Los Angeles Angels.
Castellanos signed a 4 year, $64 million deal recently with the Cincinnati Reds.
Marte was dealt to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Ozuna signed a one year, $18 million contract with the Atlanta Braves.
GM Jon Daniels said that a Nolan Arenado deal seems highly unlikely at this point.
There is still a glimmer of hope for Kris Bryant now that he officially has two years of control left after losing his grievance against the Chicago Cubs.
So, for me although the Rangers greatly improved their rotation, their lineup still has unquestionable holes. This offseason, based on the expectation set heading into the offseason, has been a disappointment with less than two weeks remaining until the team reports to Surprise to start their preparation for the 2020 season.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Postgame reaction to Stars’ opening qualifier loss to Vegas
- Knights Oust the Stars in the First Game of Round Robin
- Rangers Stock Report: Gallo is up and bullpen is down after 10 days
- Another disappointing second half as Mavericks fall to Suns
- Class in session: What we learned from the Rangers this past week
- Mavericks look to clinch first playoff birth since 2015-16 against Suns
- Satou Sabally asserts dominance, earns first career double-double
- Mavs loss on Friday night is the first reminder in months of the team’s greatest weakness
- Four takeaways as the Mavs drop a heartbreaker to Houston
- Mavericks Restart Roundtable: Scrimmage reactions and playoff seeding predictions