The Texas Rangers are going to report for spring training in Surprise, Arizona here in a couple of weeks. The 2020 season will be the first season at Globe Life Field.
There was a ton of excitement heading into the Rangers offseason as the expectation was set that they would be willing to add payroll this offseason. That excitement only skyrocketed after they were able to acquire former Cy Young winner Corey Kluber. They also signed starting pitchers Jordan Lyles and Kyle Gibson to complete the rotation.
With the rotation improved from 2019, the focus shifted to the lineup and how the Rangers could improve there.
They were linked with some of the bigger name free agents such as, Anthony Rendon, Marcell Ozuna and Nicholas Castellanos. In the trade market, they were linked with names like Nolan Arenado, Kris Bryant and then late in the offseason, there was a thought that they may in play for Starling Marte from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
As of now, one of those names will be wearing a Rangers uniform in 2020.
Rendon signed a 7 year, $245 million deal with the Los Angeles Angels.
Castellanos signed a 4 year, $64 million deal recently with the Cincinnati Reds.
Marte was dealt to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Ozuna signed a one year, $18 million contract with the Atlanta Braves.
GM Jon Daniels said that a Nolan Arenado deal seems highly unlikely at this point.
There is still a glimmer of hope for Kris Bryant now that he officially has two years of control left after losing his grievance against the Chicago Cubs.
So, for me although the Rangers greatly improved their rotation, their lineup still has unquestionable holes. This offseason, based on the expectation set heading into the offseason, has been a disappointment with less than two weeks remaining until the team reports to Surprise to start their preparation for the 2020 season.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas
- Mavericks’ Justin Jackson, “it’s very important to people to stand up for what’s right.”
- Players across the WNBA express solidarity after nationwide protests
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Byrd’s Walk-Off Grand Slam Downs the Yankees
- PGA Tour set to tee it back up in Fort Worth
- ‘Focus on today’: Don Kalkstein on mental health in the NBA & maneuvering through the COVID-19 pandemic
- With plenty of floating ideas, which is the best one to bring back the NBA?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: More on the NHL’s plan to return to play
- Making sense of the “Return to Play” plan and how it affects the Stars