Normally I would ask for things like socks and underwear. Maybe even some books on baseball or some nice Star Wars swag.
This year, however, I want nothing more than a competitive Texas Rangers team for the 2020 season. Jon Daniels has already surprised me, and others, with the the acquisitions of Kyle Gibson, Jordan Lyles and Corey Kluber. They round out what could be one of the top rotations (with Mike Minor and Lance Lynn) in the AL West and possibly the entire American League.
My wishes include:
- A third baseman. Us Rangers’ fans were spoiled by Adrian Beltre. We need another good offensive/defensive player at the hot corner.
- Yes. Texas has a plethora of outfielders even after losing Nomara Mazara and Delino DeShields via trades, but we need another guy that possesses both the defense and offense, especially in center field.
- Fix Ronald Guzman’s bat. I love the guy. His defense is way above average but he lacks plate discipline.
- I would love to see Robinson Chirinos back. Yes, he may only hit around .250 but he was the 7th best catcher defensively based on advanced metrics in 2019.
- Adding Joely Rodriguez and Nick Goody to the bullpen were great moves by Daniels. My wish is that Jose LeClerc continues the success he found late in the season last year and becomes one of the top closers in baseball.
- Another AL West division title.
- Oh and Fix Rougned Odor while you’re at it and give Elvis Andrus a comeback season.
Now that I think about it, one of my last wishes would be for to put coal in the stockings of all of the Houston Astros players and personnel involved in the cheating scandal dating back to their World Series title in 2017. Maybe jinx them a little bit.
This Rangers team is already exponentially better than last year’s when it comes to pitching. Now Texas just needs to work on the offense. I can already see this team above .500. I just want to see them back in the playoffs.
Until next time, Santa, I’ll hopefully see you in the cheap seats.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- SMU-alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth
- Three Rangers with the most future money on the line in a condensed 2020 season
- ‘We all got a little more extra juice now’: Kristaps Porzingis on the NBA season restart
- Summer Camp begins for the Rangers; four things to pinpoint before the season starts
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FC Dallas in the spotlight due to to nine reported positive COVID-19 tests in Orlando
- A Dak Prescott decision needs to made
- Dustin Johnson wins the Traveler’s Championship on Sunday with weather delays