Normally I would ask for things like socks and underwear. Maybe even some books on baseball or some nice Star Wars swag.
This year, however, I want nothing more than a competitive Texas Rangers team for the 2020 season. Jon Daniels has already surprised me, and others, with the the acquisitions of Kyle Gibson, Jordan Lyles and Corey Kluber. They round out what could be one of the top rotations (with Mike Minor and Lance Lynn) in the AL West and possibly the entire American League.
My wishes include:
- A third baseman. Us Rangers’ fans were spoiled by Adrian Beltre. We need another good offensive/defensive player at the hot corner.
- Yes. Texas has a plethora of outfielders even after losing Nomara Mazara and Delino DeShields via trades, but we need another guy that possesses both the defense and offense, especially in center field.
- Fix Ronald Guzman’s bat. I love the guy. His defense is way above average but he lacks plate discipline.
- I would love to see Robinson Chirinos back. Yes, he may only hit around .250 but he was the 7th best catcher defensively based on advanced metrics in 2019.
- Adding Joely Rodriguez and Nick Goody to the bullpen were great moves by Daniels. My wish is that Jose LeClerc continues the success he found late in the season last year and becomes one of the top closers in baseball.
- Another AL West division title.
- Oh and Fix Rougned Odor while you’re at it and give Elvis Andrus a comeback season.
Now that I think about it, one of my last wishes would be for to put coal in the stockings of all of the Houston Astros players and personnel involved in the cheating scandal dating back to their World Series title in 2017. Maybe jinx them a little bit.
This Rangers team is already exponentially better than last year’s when it comes to pitching. Now Texas just needs to work on the offense. I can already see this team above .500. I just want to see them back in the playoffs.
Until next time, Santa, I’ll hopefully see you in the cheap seats.
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Should the Cowboys look at quarterback in the 2020 NFL Draft?
- Martin, Smith named to NFL’s 2010s All-Decade Team
- Which rookie cornerback would be the best fit for Dallas?
- In sports, money isn’t everything
- The unfortunate truth of the Rangers and baseball’s 2020 season
- Biggest beneficiaries from the Mavs if the remainder of the 2019-2020 NBA season is lost
- Stars public address announcer uses voice to raise money amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Working from Home Like a Pro
- FC Dallas Patiently Waiting to Return to Normal Activities
- Cowboys Mailbag: DeMarcus Lawrence still an elite pass rusher?