The Stars road woes just continue to pile up as they fell to the team with the lowest points in the league. Disappointing doesn’t even begin to sum up the Stars loss to Philadelphia. The Stars did not look good at all. Khudobin was, once again, the best player on the ice for Dallas. Jamie Benn was able to score a late goal, but aside from that there was nothing from the Stars. Luckily, Seguin extended his point streak to seven games with the assist on Benn’s goal.
But, enough of the past. Hockey is about moving on. Whether you win or lose. The Stars return home and get an opportunity to tighten their grip on the third spot in the Central. Six of the next seven games will be played on home ice where the Stars are 14-5-2. The Stars desperately need to use home-ice to their advantage.
The first part of the homestand begins with the Blues coming to Dallas. This is definitely an important game considering that Colorado is right on top of Dallas. But this games means much more than a standings position. The Stars are not playing with confidence. The Stars are not a bad team by any means necessary. They are 5-2-1 since Christmas. But, if they want to make the playoffs, they cannot have abysmal performances like they did against the Flyers.
Sadly though, this may stem farther than just the players. As the season has moved along, many wonder if Jim Montgomery has full control of his locker room. Although it’s extremely early in Monty’s NHL head coaching career, he still needs to be a strong leader. Like he was for Denver. However, it is starting to appear that maybe Monty wasn’t NHL ready. He promised a dominate, puck possession team. But that seems to rarely show up come game time. Hopefully Monty can kick this team into another gear and spearhead them into the playoffs. This team is too talented to miss the playoffs for three straight years.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- PHOTOS: Blue for Black Lives Matter March
- NHL and NHLPA Come to Agreement on Playoff Formatting
- International return dates for Mavs stars are among the new details emerging in NBA’s plan to return
- As MLB owners and players clash over money, Rangers baseball in 2020 is looking iffier than ever
- NBA ready to ratify plan for a return in Orlando; How does it shake out for the Mavs?
- Prescott makes impactful statement on George Floyd, donates $1M to cause
- Dirk Nowitzki & the Mavericks backing up their words with action in the community
- PHOTOS: Protests around DFW
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas