Slump Going Into The Playoffs
The Stars are looking to stop the bleeding. With their last win being February 25th, the team still sits in a playoff position, but coming into the playoffs without winning most of your recent games is never a good thing.
Lack of Scoring
The only teams in the NHL with fewer goals than the Stars are the Ducks, the Kings, and the Red Wings. That is not good company, and Dallas needs to figure out their scoring woes if they want to be a contender in the playoffs. The tricky thing though, is that this cannot come at the cost of playing more weak defensively.
Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn need to buckle down and start getting some more pucks in the net. Had it not been for Hintz and Gurianov having breakout years, this team could be in a lot of trouble.
Defense Staying Strong
Dallas has the second fewest goals allowed, only trailing the Boston Bruins. Having Stephen Johns back really helped solidify their D-core with a strong, right handed, physical defenseman, that can blast pucks from the point. He and Miro Heiskanen playing together has looked pretty great as of late.
John Klingberg and Jamie Oleksiak are the only two defenseman that are minus on the team.
Best One-Two Tandem Goalie
So far this season, Ben Bishop and Anton Khudobin have been all business. Their save percentages are .921 and .930 respectively. The Arizona Coyotes are the only other team that also has two netminders in the top 15 for save percentage. These two have still only allowed 13 goals against during the slide, so they are at no fault.
The Stars need to back these guys up and step up the scoring. Dallas cannot continue to make come from behind victories and hope the goalies bail them out every night.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- International return dates for Mavs stars are among the new details emerging in NBA’s plan to return
- As MLB owners and players clash over money, Rangers baseball in 2020 is looking iffier than ever
- NBA ready to ratify plan for a return in Orlando; How does it shake out for the Mavs?
- Prescott makes impactful statement on George Floyd, donates $1M to cause
- Dirk Nowitzki & the Mavericks backing up their words with action in the community
- PHOTOS: Protests around DFW
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas
- Mavericks’ Justin Jackson, “it’s very important to people to stand up for what’s right.”
- Players across the WNBA express solidarity after nationwide protests