The Rangers are 7-9 after finishing a quick three game homestead with a 1-0 walk off win against the Baltimore Orioles on Sunday in 10 innings. Nate Lowe delivered singling home Eli White. For Lowe, that was his team leading 16th RBI and no other Ranger has more than 8 so far this season. The Rangers will take on the Los Angeles Angels and Chicago White Sox on an upcoming six game road trip.
Home woes offensively
There have several strange things early in this 2021 season. None have been stranger than the Rangers inability to hit in their home ballpark. The Rangers managed to only score 4 runs during the 3 game set against the Orioles and have now scored 19 runs in 9 home games in 2021. Only the New York Mets have scored fewer runs (16) at home. However, the Mets have only played five home games.
Rangers pitching staff
Something I didn’t think I would be saying after the opening series in Kansas City is that the Rangers starters are pitching well led by Kyle Gibson and Dane Dunning.
Last 3 starts
Kyle Gibson: 21 innings, 14 hits, 1ER, 17Ks.
Dane Dunning: 15 innings, 10 hits, 1ER, 16Ks.
Uneven start to the season
The Rangers have completed five series so far in 2021. The opponents have been the Royals, Blue Jays, Padres, Rays and Orioles. The Royals and Orioles are in a similar spot from a rebuilding standpoint so one would think that’s where the Rangers series wins would come from. That would be wrong.
The Rangers are 2-4 against Kansas City and Baltimore and 5-5 against the Padres, Blue Jays and Rays with series wins against the Jays and Rays (4 game series).
Nick Solak coming around
Nick Solak had an uncharacteristic start to 2021. To this point in his career, Solak has never been known as a player that will strikeout a lot. One of the reasons the Rangers acquired Solak from Tampa Bay is because his plate approach and ability to put the ball in play.
First 9 games
37 plate appearances, .219/.324/.313, 15 strikeouts.
Last 7 games
26 plate appearances, .385/.448/.654, 4 strikeouts.
— Bally Sports Southwest (@BallySportsSW) April 18, 2021
- Recap: Cowboys dominate Eagles with big statement win in home opener on Monday Night Football
- Stat Check: 7 facts to know following the Cowboys’ week three win
- TweetCap: Fans react to Dallas’ blowout Monday night win over Philadelphia
- Jason Kidd already proving to be quite a change of pace as coach of the Mavericks
- Hoops Tank, episode 11: The most interesting things said or not said at Mavericks Media Day
- DSF Roundup: Writers give final thoughts on Cowboys, Eagles Monday night clash
- Game Preview: Last year’s Cowboys-Eagles meeting set the blueprint for this year’s offense
- Why the Rangers should bring back Charlie Culberson for another season
- Luka Doncic’s top five finish highlights three Mavericks in ESPN’s Top 100 NBArank
- FC Dallas interim head coach Marco Ferruzzi prepares for his first match