With every passing game, it’s hard to tell what this Dallas Mavericks team is doing. First they defeat the Portland Trailblazers and Los Angeles Clippers but then they lose to teams like the Phoenix Suns. Even though five players scored in double figures, the Mavericks (11-25) didn’t have enough to put the Suns away on Thursday night losing 102-95. Phoenix came into the game with a 4-16 road record and were defeated in almost every statistical line, except rebounds and final score.
Saturday night against the Atlanta Hawks will be the conclusion of a three-game homestand for the Mavericks as they look to go 2-1 in these three games. The Hawks (20-16) are looking like one of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference as they’ve won 10 of their last 14 games including their last five straight.
Recent Mavs Headlines
The Hawks most recent win came against the Pelicans as Dennis Schroder scored 23 points while Paul Millsap (17 points 10 rebounds) and Dwight Howard (12 points, 11 rebounds) both had a double-double. The only positive thing to note here is that in recent headlines, Kyle Korver has been traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers, so the Mavs won’t have to worry about him lighting it up from the outside.
Matchup To Watch
Center Position vs. Dwight Howard
Let’s be honest, the only player that can matchup against Howard will be Andrew Bogut. Salah Mejri would get pushed around like a rag doll and Dirk Nowitzki just doesn’t have the hops necessary to stands toe-to-toe with the big fella. Howard is a much bigger version of Tyson Chandler, who lit up the boards (18) in the Suns matchup against Dallas. The only question to ask is, will Bogut put forth any effort? In his role off the bench on Thursday night he recored 0 points, 0 rebounds and 5 personal fouls in 20 minutes of play. In hopes of me not breaking my TV, let’s just hope the Mavericks can get something going.
J.J. Barea – Out (Achilles)
Mike Scott – Day-To-Day (Leg)
Tiago Splitter – Out (Hamstring)
How To Watch
Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. on Fox Sports Southwest or listen locally on 103.3 ESPN Dallas.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot
- Are the 2020 circumstances in baseball benefitting the Rangers’ development?
- The Stars take game one handily thanks to Khudobin and defensemen scoring
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Preview
- Game Preview: Dallas Cowboys vs Atlanta Falcons
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 13: Hanging out with Jared Sandler
- DSF Players to Watch: Which Falcons should Dallas watch out for?