The Dallas Stars come in red hot, taking on the Boston Bruins away this evening. Anton Khudobin will start in net after a stellar performance against Toronto a few nights ago. After only allowing one goal against the star studded line up of the Maple Leafs, head coach Jim Montgomery has plenty of confidence going in to battle with one of the most feared first lines in the NHL.
Khudobin leads the Stars in facing off against David Pastrnak, Patrice Bergeron, and Brad Marchand. Arguably the most lethal first line in the game, they’ve combined for 22 goals in their first 13 games. The whole team has only managed 37 goals, so their first line accounts for more than half of that. The Bruins are 23rd in the league in goals for, so if the Stars can find the remedy for these guys, then the rest should all fall into place.
The Stars are still without Johns, Carrick, and Methot on the back end tonight. Methot is out with a lower body injury. Ritchie will also be out of the lineup tonight due to illness. The Bruins will be without young gun defenseman Charlie McAvoy tonight, which should free up some time and space in the offensive zone.
With Dallas winning five of their last six games, much thanks to outstanding goaltending, it’s clear that the Stars can win with either net minder. Both Goalies share a respectable .923 save percentage, while the league average sits at .909. Ben Bishop has a 2.32 Goals Against Average, while Khudobin maintains a 2.35. The league average sits at a 2.86 goals against average. Dallas is 5th in the NHL with only 34 goals allowed. The Boston Bruins are one of only four teams ahead of them in that category. These stats alone put them atop their counterparts. This has been the most solid goaltending Dallas has seen in years.
The matchup takes place at 6:00 PM Central time tonight at TD Garden.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm
- A couple takeaways from The Mavericks 104-93 win over the Hornets
- What to watch for as short-handed Mavericks face the Hornets
- Mark Cuban is open to hosting vaccinated healthcare workers for free at Mavs games later this season