The Dallas Stars come in red hot, taking on the Boston Bruins away this evening. Anton Khudobin will start in net after a stellar performance against Toronto a few nights ago. After only allowing one goal against the star studded line up of the Maple Leafs, head coach Jim Montgomery has plenty of confidence going in to battle with one of the most feared first lines in the NHL.
Khudobin leads the Stars in facing off against David Pastrnak, Patrice Bergeron, and Brad Marchand. Arguably the most lethal first line in the game, they’ve combined for 22 goals in their first 13 games. The whole team has only managed 37 goals, so their first line accounts for more than half of that. The Bruins are 23rd in the league in goals for, so if the Stars can find the remedy for these guys, then the rest should all fall into place.
The Stars are still without Johns, Carrick, and Methot on the back end tonight. Methot is out with a lower body injury. Ritchie will also be out of the lineup tonight due to illness. The Bruins will be without young gun defenseman Charlie McAvoy tonight, which should free up some time and space in the offensive zone.
With Dallas winning five of their last six games, much thanks to outstanding goaltending, it’s clear that the Stars can win with either net minder. Both Goalies share a respectable .923 save percentage, while the league average sits at .909. Ben Bishop has a 2.32 Goals Against Average, while Khudobin maintains a 2.35. The league average sits at a 2.86 goals against average. Dallas is 5th in the NHL with only 34 goals allowed. The Boston Bruins are one of only four teams ahead of them in that category. These stats alone put them atop their counterparts. This has been the most solid goaltending Dallas has seen in years.
The matchup takes place at 6:00 PM Central time tonight at TD Garden.
- DSF Top 20 Current Athletes: #19 Wings G Skylar Diggins-Smith
- Tough challenges ahead for FC Dallas in their quest for the playoffs
- Cowboys-Redskins rivalry re-ignites for a week; Dallas looks for 2-0 start
- DSF Top 20 Current Athletes: #20 Stars D John Klingberg
- Dallas Fanatic Pod Ep 107: Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan joins the show to talk Cowboys and Mavs; DSF reflects on 9/11
- A bizarre beginning ends with a Rougie roar as Rangers rise past Rays
- Dallas defense has long way to go to be elite
- Ep. 6: Cowboys-Giants, Dak/Kellen Moore, Antonio Brown Drama, Week 1 Recap, & Cowboys-Redskins Preview
- Dallas Cowboys: Week one stock report
- Photos: SMU vs UNT (September 7, 2019)