FRISCO, Texas – (Sunday, March 18) – FC Dallas (1-0-1) picked up its first win and shutout of the 2018 season in a 3-0 win against Seattle Sounders FC (0-2-0) today at Toyota Stadium.
FC Dallas controlled the match throughout the opening 15 minutes, creating four shots while holding Seattle without an attempt on goal. Carlos Gruezo’s long drive, 30-yards from goal, was FCD’s clearest opportunity to go ahead early, but the well-struck ball was hit directly at Seattle goalkeeper Stefan Frei.
Roland Lamah found the back of the net for FC Dallas in the 20th minute. Mauro Diaz started the attack with a perfectly weighted pass up the right flank to Michael Barrios. The Colombian got inside position on his defender and worked his way to the end line before passing the ball across the goal line, beyond the reach of Frei, to Lamah, who tapped the ball over the end line.
FC Dallas center back, Reto Ziegler stepped in front of what looked like a sure goal for Seattle attacker Magnus Wolff Eikrem in the 26th minute. The stop led to a counter-attack for FC Dallas but Maxi Urruti’s back-pass was just out of the reach of Barrios at the other end.
FC Dallas gained a one-man advantage in the 38th minute when referee Christopher Penso used video review to determine Seattle forward Clint Dempsey elbowed FCD midfielder Jacori Hayes. Penso ejected Dempsey from the match after reviewing the play on the field monitor.
FC Dallas increased its lead to two goals in the 58th minute, when Lamah found Urruti with a through ball. The striker collected the pass near the top of the box with the outside of his right foot, turning his run into the middle of the field before firing a hard shot low towards the back post. Urruti’s shot skipped up off the grass and bounced over Frei’s left arm to give FC Dallas a 2-0 lead.
FC Dallas left back, Anton Nedyalkov combined with Lamah on the left flank, dribbled towards the middle of the field, and found the left winger with a return pass to put Lamah in alone on goal. Lamah finished his second of the match by chipping a shot over a sprawling Frei to give FC Dallas a 3-0 advantage.
— Major League Soccer (@MLS) March 18, 2018
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule
- Shin-Soo Choo continuing to help the Rangers organization on and off the field
- Jordan Spieth and other top pros return for the Workday Charity Classic
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule