Following a Saturday night incident that landed Cowboys’ receiver Terrance Williams behind bars, head coach Jason Garrett told reporters Wednesday “it’s an on-going investigation, so I have no further comment,” following the team’s voluntary OTA workout.
“I really don’t have any comment about what he and I have talked about, but he’s been in our building the last couple of days working out,” Garrett went on.
From USA Today:
In the police report, officer Stephen Byrom said when officers went to Williams’ home — located in a gated community — he saw Williams driving an electric scooter out of the property in suburban Dallas. Byrom said he saw Williams swerve heavily before falling over the handlebars and onto the ground. Byrom wrote in the report that Williams had “bloodshot and watery eyes,” “slurred” speech, and had a “strong odor of alcohol.”
Williams stated “his friend was an idiot and he was driving [his scooter] to see what happened to the vehicle.” Williams went on to tell officers he had been at home and that Wright called him to tell him about the accident.
On Thursday, TMZ Sports released the Frisco Police Department’s dashcam video where Williams claims former Baylor Bears teammate Kendall Wright crashed his Lamborghini.
Vikings general manager Rick Spielman told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Williams’ claim that Wright was involved was inaccurate.
“I have spoken directly with Kendall and his agent and both have assured me there is no truth to the matter,” Spielman told the Star Tribune in a statement on Thursday.
Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones voiced his support for Terrance Williams following the arrest.
“I know Terrance,” Jones told USA Today Sports. “He’s solid. Real solid. I’m hopeful. I don’t know the details. I read his public statement about it and take it at face value. … Haven’t talked to him. In general, his track record is really solid with us on behavior issues. So consequentially, I’m not going to give it a lot of concern, other than I just hate that he’s had that issue.”
During the 2017 season, Williams had just 53 catches for 568 yards. He was expected to see an expanded role this upcoming with the departure of Dez Bryant, but now could face a potential suspension, or even perhaps a release, following his Saturday arrest.
- DallasFanatic Pod Ep 96: Dak Prescott is “All about the Benjamins baby!”
- Rangers’ Joey Gallo for AL MVP? It’s not as crazy as you’d think.
- Quad injury comes at a tough time for both Willie Calhoun and the Rangers
- Short-sided booking continues to be problematic for WWE’s women’s division
- Dallas Wings Media Day roundup
- What Dwight Powell declining his player option means for the Mavericks
- FC Dallas Draws with Los Angeles FC
- Brock Lesnar: Beast in the Bank
- Rangers show the “Show Me” state teams how it’s done, then head to the west
- Watching Jaylon Smith’s (Unlikely) Legendary Narrative Unfold