The season isn’t technically over but the Dallas Cowboys have started making moves.
After a stomach-turning loss to Seattle on Sunday, the Cowboys will travel to Philadelphia to play a game that is ultimately meaningless for both teams. The Eagles secured a playoff spot weeks ago and the Cowboys are now eliminated as of Sunday.
It is clear that the team needs adjustments across the board and with the waiver of veteran Justin Durant the Cowboys are making it known that they are moving on to 2018.
Durant was brought out of free agency by the Cowboys this year after leaving the team for the Falcons in 2014. The 32-year-old linebacker was inactive for eight games this season and finished with a total of 13 tackles.
Durant will be replaced with Trey’Von Johnson who is being promoted from the team’s practice squad. Johnson, 22, is a former undrafted free agent out of Webber State. The Cowboys signed him to the practice squad in September of this year.
Johnson will partake in this season’s finale against the Eagles where he will get the opportunity to earn a spot on the 53-man roster next season.
As for Durant, he is now a free agent and may be picked up by any team in need of a veteran linebacker with his experience.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Two key areas of inconsistency show as Mavs squander late lead over Nuggets
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 20: Hip Hip Hooray with Jose Trevino
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’