The Dallas Cowboys made their annual visit to local children’s hospitals across the DFW on Monday.
For the past 29 years, Cowboys players have made time to visit with children, take pictures and deliver Christmas gifts during the holiday season.
Dak Prescott participated in the team tradition this year despite having injured his throwing hand during Thursday’s win against the Redskins. He received X-rays during the game that fortunately came back negative, however, his hand was still visibly swollen this morning, according to reporters.
But as always you can count Dak to emphasize the importance of things that are bigger than football.
“It’s so humbling,” Dak Prescott told Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “This is what it’s all about at the end of the day. Just to have this platform and this opportunity to come back and just smile and share this special moment around the holidays is everything.”
Dak Prescott with some thoughts on visiting Medical City Children’s Hospital today and an update on his throwing hand: pic.twitter.com/lnI28Ai8ZL
— Jon Machota (@jonmachota) December 4, 2017
The sophomore quarterback was all smiles as he assured reporters that his right hand is “great.” This comes as a major relief as Coach Jason Garrett said Prescott will fully participate in practices this week.
The Cowboys are seeking to make a playoff push with a hopeful win against the Giants this Sunday. The Giants, who currently have an interim head coach (Steve Spagnuolo), are 2-10 with virtually no run at playoffs.
Dak Prescott is going to have to step up big these next several games to give this team its best shot in the post season. With a victory in New York this weekend the pursuit of a NFC Wild Card slot certainly becomes more attainable.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Old Rivalry Renewed as Stars Take on Red Wings at Home
- Two key areas of inconsistency show as Mavs squander late lead over Nuggets
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 20: Hip Hip Hooray with Jose Trevino
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?