With their plenty of help needed in the secondary, the Dallas Cowboys made a move just hours before the final roster cuts, signing former Cincinnati Bengals cornerback, Bene Benwikere.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 2, 2017
Benwikere, a fifth round draft pick back in 2014, was once a promising talent for the Carolina Panthers. In his rookie campaign, he helped as a starter in the playoffs when the Panthers made their Super Bowl run. He played three years with the Panthers, eventually being released following the 300-yard effort by Julio Jones of the Atlanta Falcons.
While it’s not clear what the overall plan for the Cowboys is with Benwikere, the most important part of the move is that he is healthy, and will help add depth to a much needed area of the Cowboys team depth chart.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Five Key Points: Previewing Dallas (3) vs Calgary (7)
- Tim Hardaway Jr. and Mavs role players step up to handle the Jazz in the second half
- What to watch for as Mavericks take on the Jazz
- 23-year-old Collin Morikawa wins the PGA Championship
- Rangers sweep Angels thanks to oddities and a Lance Lynn milestone
- No shortage of amazement for Luka Doncic’s insane pass late in the Mavs win over the Bucks
- An all-time Luka performance leads the Mavs past the Bucks in overtime
- Have the Rangers turned the tide of their 2020 season in the last several days?
- What to watch for as Mavs face Bucks on ESPN
- Takeaways from Mike McCarthy speaking to the media Friday