With their plenty of help needed in the secondary, the Dallas Cowboys made a move just hours before the final roster cuts, signing former Cincinnati Bengals cornerback, Bene Benwikere.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 2, 2017
Benwikere, a fifth round draft pick back in 2014, was once a promising talent for the Carolina Panthers. In his rookie campaign, he helped as a starter in the playoffs when the Panthers made their Super Bowl run. He played three years with the Panthers, eventually being released following the 300-yard effort by Julio Jones of the Atlanta Falcons.
While it’s not clear what the overall plan for the Cowboys is with Benwikere, the most important part of the move is that he is healthy, and will help add depth to a much needed area of the Cowboys team depth chart.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Why Rangers fans should be excited for Game 7 of the NLCS at Globe Life Field
- Strange year continues as Mavs offseason buzz is picking up in… October?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 5
- Globe Life Field makes history in NLCS with something it’s been lacking: fans
- Season Outlook: Expectations following Prescott’s injury?
- Cowboys fans try to come to grips with the emotions of the Dak Prescott injury
- DSF Recap: Emotional win gives Dallas first place in NFC East
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars take Mavrik Borque, look ahead to options in Free Agency
- The Rangers enter the offseason with some tough decisions on veteran players
- A long list of injuries headline Stars GM Jim Nill’s media availability on Thursday