With their plenty of help needed in the secondary, the Dallas Cowboys made a move just hours before the final roster cuts, signing former Cincinnati Bengals cornerback, Bene Benwikere.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 2, 2017
Benwikere, a fifth round draft pick back in 2014, was once a promising talent for the Carolina Panthers. In his rookie campaign, he helped as a starter in the playoffs when the Panthers made their Super Bowl run. He played three years with the Panthers, eventually being released following the 300-yard effort by Julio Jones of the Atlanta Falcons.
While it’s not clear what the overall plan for the Cowboys is with Benwikere, the most important part of the move is that he is healthy, and will help add depth to a much needed area of the Cowboys team depth chart.
- Victory Avenue Podcast Ep. 43: Christian Wood trade, Mavs take Jaden Hardy, and is JB leaving?
- Silver and Blue Podcast Episode 8: Pre-camp position previews – DT, DE, LB
- Stars reportedly nearing deal with former Knights, Sharks coach Peter Deboer
- Ezequiel Duran, Josh Smith Putting Rangers’ Youth Movement in Motion
- Silver and Blue Podcast Episode 7: Dalton Schultz contract, Dak’s health, and Tony Pollard’s usage