The Dallas Cowboys suffered defeat for the first time on Sunday night in New Orleans losing 12-10. It was a tough game to watch from an offensive standpoint. The exciting offense that we saw in the first three weeks disappeared and the Cowboys could never find their rhythm.
Michael Gallup returned to practice Wednesday after missing the last two games and is expected to play Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.
Tyron Smith suffered an ankle injury late in the 4th quarter Sunday and did not practice Wednesday. Smith is expected to miss the Sundays game, although that decision has been confirmed.
La’el Collins missed Wednesdays practice with a back injury. The Cowboys do not believe it is serious but his status will be monitored heading into Sunday. Zack Martin was also limited with his back.
After making an immediate impact in his Cowboys debut, Robert Quinn played even better against New Orleans Sunday night. Quinn recorded two sacks, three quarterback hits and one pass deflection. Through two games, Quinn now has three sacks, four quarterback hits and is playing 66% of the snaps.
Leighton Vander Esch / Jaylon Smith
The exciting young linebacker duo for the Cowboys has been somewhat criticized through the first three weeks of the season. On Sunday, I think we saw them making the type of impact we saw in 2018 with 17 tackles and one sack combined . Each of them had big plays on third and short in this game to keep the Saints from converting.
Randall Cobb had 3 catches for 41 yards against the Saints. If you takeaway his 32 yard catch on the Cowboys final drive, he had had 2 catches for 9 yards. On one of the biggest plays of game, 3rd and 2 in the 4th quarter, Cobb had a drop that would have easily moved the chains. Cobb and Dak were also unable to connect on the touchdown in the first quarter that could have set the tone.
The story of Sundays loss was the lack of offensive production and a major part of that was the offensive line not playing well and that prevented the Cowboys rushing attack from finding its groove. Elliott was held to 35 rushing yards on 18 carries. Although Prescott was only sacked one time, he was under pressure the entire game.
- Game Preview: Landry Jones set for debut against Wildcats
- Which Rangers infielder has the most to prove in 2020?
- The best of Luka Doncic in the NBA Rising Stars game
- Photos: NBA Rising Stars (February 14, 2020)
- DSF partners with Monster Hydro, Stadium Blitz and Rob Gronkowski for obstacle course-based event at SMU on March 14
- Free Agency Radar: Addressing safety with Anthony Harris?
- Dorian Finney-Smith happy to master his role for the Mavericks
- Stars place Alexander Radulov on IR with upper-body injury
- The Mavs have much needed hope heading into the All-Star break
- Photos: Mavs vs Kings (February 12, 2020)