The Dallas Cowboys got off to a dazzling start Sunday with a 35-17 victory over the New York Giants. They will travel to Washington for another division match up against the Redskins.
Notes from the game
The Cowboys used play-action on 48% of Dak Prescott’s passes after only using play-action on 25% last season.
Dak Prescott completed 25-32 passes for 405 yards and four touchdowns with a perfect passer rating.
The Cowboys have now beat the Giants five times in a row.
As Byron Jones works his way back into a full-time role, Jourdan Lewis is the perfect example of the depth they have in the secondary. Despite being undersized compared to what Kris Richard typically likes at the corner position, Lewis does nothing but make plays when given the opportunity. On Sunday, he was on the field for 27 coverage snaps and allowed one catch for six yards.
The Receiving core
Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and Randall Cobb all had fantastic games. Gallup brought in all seven of his targets for 158 yards. Cooper had 106 yards on 6 catches and a touchdown and Randall Cobb caught four passes for 69 yards and a touchdown. The best part of this receiving core is they all want each other to succeed because they realize they need each other in order to accomplish the goal of winning a Super Bowl.
Bold prediction: I believe that Gallup and Cooper will both have 1,000 receiving yards.
Dorance Armstrong failed to hit the stat sheet on Sunday. Armstrong was very active on special teams. However, with Taco Charlton being inactive, this was a missed opportunity to cement his spot in the defensive line rotation once Robert Quinn returns from injury.
I will start by saying I am not concerned at all with Zack Martin for the season. After missing the majority of training camp, there was definitely some rust with Martin. Martin was flagged for two penalties(holding and tripping) in the first half Sunday. Martin committed just one penalty the previous two seasons.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Stars Weekly: Stars limp into March after losing eight of last nine
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars Backsliding after rough week- Can they catch up to Chicago down the stretch?
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Magic
- Dissecting Game One of an Odd Spring Training for the Rangers
- Three thoughts as Kristaps Porzingis returns to the Mavs lineup in win over the Nets
- Joey Gallo is Digging for More Gold in Right Field in 2021 for the Rangers
- What to watch for as the Dallas Mavericks take on the Brooklyn Nets
- What does the immediate and distant future look like for the Mavericks and Kristaps Porzingis relationship?
- Mavericks simply don’t have enough for the fight in loss to the 76ers
- How Kyle Cody is already making a major impact in the Rangers organization