Following a comeback victory against the Kings on Saturday, the Mavericks will look to build on that momentum tonight in Los Angeles against the Clippers.
The Clippers are coming off a victory against Chicago on Saturday night as they continue to build chemistry after trading star player Blake Griffin. In return for Griffin, the Clippers received Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, and Boban Marjanovic from Detroit.
For the Mavericks to win tonight, they’ll need everyone across the board to step their game up as leading scorer Harrison Barnes will be out with a left ankle sprain, reported by Earl K. Sneed at Mavs practice earlier today.
— Earl K. Sneed (@EarlKSneed) February 5, 2018
The loss of Barnes tonight is huge as he would be stacked up against newly acquired Tobias Harris, who shares a similar game to Barnes. Expect to see Wesley Matthews shift up to the small forward position to guard Harris and Yogi Ferrell bumped up into the starting lineup.
Dallas fan favorite DeAndre Jordan will sure be a matchup problem for the Mavericks as his 14.9 rebounds per game is second in the league. The Mavericks bigs must fight and scratch their way to some rebounds and keep Jordan off the offensive glass.
With Barnes out of the lineup, the Dallas bench must produce points more than ever as Lou Williams will surely continue to light up the scoreboard on the bench for the Clippers with his 23.4 scoring average. From Dennis Smith Jr. to J.J. Barea, the Dallas backcourt must play their best offensive game to top Williams, especially with Barnes out of the lineup.
Another late tip-off on the West Coast at 9:30pm. Go Mavs!
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 3: A Coach’s Perspective
- Three Rangers with major questions surrounding them in the second half of Summer Camp
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe