Following a last second loss to the Warriors on Wednesday, the Mavericks look to continue their hot play against the Bulls tonight at the AAC. Chicago comes into Dallas losers of their last three games after winning 10 of the previous 12 games.
After a slow start, the Bulls have found a rhythm and rotation that works for them, specifically focused around Nikola Mirotic. Mirotic has averaged 18.4 points and 7.1 rebounds per game in 15 appearances this season. Other bright spots for the Bulls has been rookie Lauri Markkanen and second-year guard Kris Dunn.
Prior to losing to the Warriors on Wednesday, the Mavs had won four games in a row. Over the last eight games, Dallas ranks second in offensive rating across the league. It’s safe to say that the Mavericks have played much better as of late but which team are they: the one of late or the team that began the season 1-10?
For the Mavericks to kick start a new win streak, they must be able to defend the three ball. Mirotic, Markkanen, and Justin Holiday all average over six three point attempts per game and each shoot at decent rates, especially Mirotic at 46%.
Another thing that Dallas must do is rebound the basketball. Chicago ranks in the top 10 in rebounding while Dallas ranks in the bottom 10. The Bulls have seven players who average at least five rebounds per game so the Mavs must box out and stay on their toes when the ball is up for grabs.
Look for Harrison Barnes to have a big game against a weaker defensive team on the perimeter and for J.J. Barea to continue killing second units.
Lastly, I’d say tonight marks the perfect time for the first undisputed DSJ poster. The victim? Lauri Markkanen makes for the perfect candidate. A little rookie on rookie crime never hurt anybody and for anyone who dared to compare Markkanen to Dirk needs their eyeballs checked.
Watch your head, rook.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- ‘Focus on today’: Don Kalkstein on mental health in the NBA & maneuvering through the COVID-19 pandemic
- With plenty of floating ideas, which is the best one to bring back the NBA?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: More on the NHL’s plan to return to play
- Making sense of the “Return to Play” plan and how it affects the Stars
- Rangers broadcaster CJ Nitkowski discusses the possible routes to a 2020 season
- 2012 Rangers Bonus: How Texas fares in baseball simulation vs. Actual results
- Esports Trade Association President John Davidson talks connecting with the female audience and possible growth opportunities
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Colby Lewis dominates in Seattle, but offense doesn’t break through until the 12th
- Should’ve been, could’ve been: The story of the 2012 Texas Rangers, Part Three
- How many quarterbacks are better than Dak Prescott?