The Dallas Mavericks (2-6) face the New York Knicks on Monday night after having four days off since their last game on Wednesday night against the Golden State Warriors. It came as no surprise that the head coach, Rick Carlisle, didn’t play multiple players after many played extended minutes against the Los Angeles Lakers the night before. Golden State (8-2) went on to win 116-95 with Kevin Durant leading the way with 28 points. After multiple 30 point games, it looks like Harrison Barnes has found his groove, putting up 25 points and eight rebounds.
The Knicks (3-6) last played on Saturday night, suffering their sixth loss and second in a row against the Toronto Raptors (7-2) 118-107. Carmelo Anthony led the way (no surprise) with 31 points, while Derrick Rose and Kristaps Porzingis each scored 21.
Both teams have struggled this season and have yet to find consistency on the court. Dirk Nowitzki has only played three games this season due to sickness and an achilles injury. Deron Williams has played in five games this season and will miss Monday night due to a lingering calf injury.
Meanwhile, the “Super Team” Knicks have been everything but ‘Super.’ The star-studded team that added Rose and Joakim Noah during the offseason have not meshed well so far and head coach, Jeff Hornacek, hasn’t been able to find a bench rotation.
You can expect the Knicks to elevate their game to the next level but HOPEFULLY a tall German returns to the lineup and quiets the crowd at Madison Square Garden. Currently, Dirk is set to return Monday night against the Knicks but there has been no official word from the team at this moment.
Match Up To Watch:
Keep yours eyes on Barnes and Wesley Matthews guarding Anthony. Matthews at times has been tremendous on locking down Anthony and the Mavericks will need him to play tough tonight.
In the Mavs-Knicks series, New York has lost 24 of the last 29 games, including the last five.
— Earl K. Sneed (@EarlKSneed) November 14, 2016
Dirk Nowitzki (Achillies) – Game-time decision
Derron Williams (Calf) – Out
Devin Harris (Toe) – Out
How To Watch:
Start Time: 6:30 PM CST
Watch/Listen: Stream or watch on FSSW or listen locally to 103.3 KESN.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Season Outlook: Predicting the Cowboys final 2020 record
- Can the Dallas Cowboys recover from another blowout loss?
- TweetCap: Fans react to Cowboys primetime loss
- Why Rangers fans should be excited for Game 7 of the NLCS at Globe Life Field
- Strange year continues as Mavs offseason buzz is picking up in… October?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 5
- Globe Life Field makes history in NLCS with something it’s been lacking: fans
- Season Outlook: Expectations following Prescott’s injury?
- Cowboys fans try to come to grips with the emotions of the Dak Prescott injury
- DSF Recap: Emotional win gives Dallas first place in NFC East