The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have requested waivers on guard Pierre Jackson, who recently signed a non-guaranteed two-year deal with the club. If he clears waived, he is expected to join the Texas Legends, the team’s D-League affiliate.
Jackson played in just four games with the Mavs, scoring a total of 12 points to go along with 7 assists in 28 minutes played.
Per Marc Stein of ESPN.com: Tomorrow is the last day NBA teams can waive players whose contracts aren’t fully guaranteed this season in time to clear waivers by January 10. Atlanta Hawks forward Ryan Kelly, Denver Nuggets forward Alonzo Gee, and Phoenix Suns guard John Jenkins were also waived today in similar moves.
Since being drafted 42nd overall in the 2013 NB draft by the Philadelphia 76ers, Jackson has bounced around the league. He was part of a draft day trade that ultimately landed him with the New Orleans Pelicans. Since then, he has spent time overseas, playing in Turkey and Croatia, along with a couple of stints with the Idaho Stampede of the NBA D-League.
Jackson was acquired by the Legends in November, playing 10 games while averaging scoring a league-leading 29.1 points to go along with 6.0 assists and 1.9 steals per game.
The Mavs roster now sits at 14 players, one short of the league’s 15-player maximum.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot
- Are the 2020 circumstances in baseball benefitting the Rangers’ development?
- The Stars take game one handily thanks to Khudobin and defensemen scoring
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Preview
- Game Preview: Dallas Cowboys vs Atlanta Falcons
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 13: Hanging out with Jared Sandler
- DSF Players to Watch: Which Falcons should Dallas watch out for?