New season, objectives, and new players on the squad are taking place in the Dallas Sidekicks locker room. The Sidekicks are preparing themselves for an exciting new “rivalry” to take place in the DFW area. The Mesquite Outlaws, the newcomers of the Major Arena Soccer League, are looking for a first home win in front of their crowd.
The Sidekicks, led by Coach Simon Bozas, will be looking to spoil the party. The Outlaws, are being led by Sidekicks legend Antonio Carlos Pecorari, commonly known as Tatu. The 57-year-old will be looking to beat his old team where he won a couple of championships as a player and a coach.
This will be the first of four meetings between the two sides throughout the Major Arena Soccer League season as both sides look to establish an early sense of dominance in this new cross-town rivalry.
The Sidekicks have playoff aspirations and know that a strong start to the season will be key for that. Last season, a bad record of nine wins and 15 losses in 24 games, was not something that sat well with the Sidekicks. Kicking off the 2019-2020 season with a “road” win in Mesquite would certainly be the type of start that could get things going towards a winning season.
Following the game against the Outlaws, the Sidekicks will have two more road games in Mexico (Monterrey and Sonora) before their home opener on Saturday, December 14th against the Monterrey Flash.
Simon Bozas and his men should be confident for this new season and picking up some wins will only help that. A tough three-game road trip will be a tough test, but if they’re able to play well, it will get them on the right path for a return to the playoffs.
- A reflection on Nomar Mazara and his time with the Rangers
- A departure and a potential reunion highlight the Rangers rumblings from day two of the Winter Meetings
- Stars roundtable: Trying to wrap your mind around the sudden firing of Jim Montgomery
- Stars suddenly fire Jim Montgomery; many questions still remain
- First day of Winter Meetings has plenty of impact on the Rangers
- Mavericks Weekly Preview (12/9-12/15)
- Luka vs the referees stands out in Mavs tough loss to the Kings
- Photos: Mavs vs Kings (December 8, 2019)
- 46 point win over the Pelicans doesn’t keep Mavericks from preaching improvement
- Photos: Mavs vs Pelicans (December 7, 2019)