33 year-old goalkeeper Antti Niemi has been released by the Dallas Stars according to the Dallas Morning News.
The team released an official statement today:
Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today the club has bought out the final year of goaltender Antti Niemi‘s contract. Niemi had one year remaining at $4.5-million on his three-year contract with Dallas. As per the terms of a buyout, two-thirds of his salary will be spread out over the next two seasons with an annual salary cap hit of $1.5-million per year.
Niemi, 33, posted a 12-12-4 record with a 3.30 goals against average and an .892 save percentage for the Stars in 2016-17. Over two seasons with Dallas, he recorded a record of 37-25-11 with a 2.92 goals against average, a .900 save percentage and three shutouts.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule