Well, that was quick.
When Dwight Powell suffered his season-ending Achilles injury, it was seen evident that the Mavericks would be in the market for a back up big man. Though we didn’t expect a move this fast.
The Mavericks traded 2019 second round pick Isaiah Roby to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Justin Patton and cash considerations, first reported by The Athletic and Stadium’s Shams Charania.
Both Roby and Patton have spent most of their season in the G-League for their respective teams, the Texas Legends and OKC Blue.
In nine games with the Legends this season, Roby averaged 9.2 points and 7 rebounds but missed time due to a foot issue.
But press the breaks Mavs fans, don’t expect to see Patton in a Dallas uniform. First reported by The Athletic’s Tim Cato, Patton will be released to clear up a roster spot for the Mavericks, being that Patton’s contract is non-guaranteed.
it doesn't sound like Dallas is gonna keep Patton, per source. this is a roster clearing move. https://t.co/mX49QIpTA6
— Tim Cato (@tim_cato) January 24, 2020
This certainly increases speculation of who the Mavs will target to fill some of Powell’s production, whether that’s via free agency or another trade.
Stay tuned, MFFL’s.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas
- Mavericks’ Justin Jackson, “it’s very important to people to stand up for what’s right.”
- Players across the WNBA express solidarity after nationwide protests
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Byrd’s Walk-Off Grand Slam Downs the Yankees
- PGA Tour set to tee it back up in Fort Worth
- ‘Focus on today’: Don Kalkstein on mental health in the NBA & maneuvering through the COVID-19 pandemic
- With plenty of floating ideas, which is the best one to bring back the NBA?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: More on the NHL’s plan to return to play
- Making sense of the “Return to Play” plan and how it affects the Stars