The Dallas Wings return to College Park Sunday Afternoon to kick off the season home opener against the Atlanta Dream.
The team struggled to find rhythm on offense during last week’s loss, even more so after power forward Glory Johnson suffered an apparent leg injury that will likely have her out the rest of the regular season.
Moving forward, the Wing’s newest challenge should be utilizing Cambage as the true weapon she is. Cambage will have to become more in tune with the team to become the defensively dominant group they have the potential to be.
With Glory Johnson out an estimated 4 weeks (hamstring) & Theresa Plaisance out (knee), Liz Cambage being back all the more key for Wings.
— Mechelle Voepel (@MechelleV) May 20, 2018
The 6-foot-8 center has left already an impression on the team with her skill and work work ethic.
“I think what’s surprised me the most about her is for someone who has a very laid-back and fun personality, she is a competitor and she is a worker,” team president Greg Bibb said to Adam Grosbard of SportsDay. “Just having her in the paint dramatically changes things for us defensively and I think we’re going to be a significantly better defensive team this year because of her.”
The Wings will take on the Atlanta Dream at College Park at 2p.m. Sunday.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Two key areas of inconsistency show as Mavs squander late lead over Nuggets
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 20: Hip Hip Hooray with Jose Trevino
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’