The Dallas Wings return to College Park Sunday Afternoon to kick off the season home opener against the Atlanta Dream.
The team struggled to find rhythm on offense during last week’s loss, even more so after power forward Glory Johnson suffered an apparent leg injury that will likely have her out the rest of the regular season.
Moving forward, the Wing’s newest challenge should be utilizing Cambage as the true weapon she is. Cambage will have to become more in tune with the team to become the defensively dominant group they have the potential to be.
With Glory Johnson out an estimated 4 weeks (hamstring) & Theresa Plaisance out (knee), Liz Cambage being back all the more key for Wings.
— Mechelle Voepel (@MechelleV) May 20, 2018
The 6-foot-8 center has left already an impression on the team with her skill and work work ethic.
“I think what’s surprised me the most about her is for someone who has a very laid-back and fun personality, she is a competitor and she is a worker,” team president Greg Bibb said to Adam Grosbard of SportsDay. “Just having her in the paint dramatically changes things for us defensively and I think we’re going to be a significantly better defensive team this year because of her.”
The Wings will take on the Atlanta Dream at College Park at 2p.m. Sunday.
- DallasFanatic Pod Ep 96: Dak Prescott is “All about the Benjamins baby!”
- Rangers’ Joey Gallo for AL MVP? It’s not as crazy as you’d think.
- Quad injury comes at a tough time for both Willie Calhoun and the Rangers
- Short-sided booking continues to be problematic for WWE’s women’s division
- Dallas Wings Media Day roundup
- What Dwight Powell declining his player option means for the Mavericks
- FC Dallas Draws with Los Angeles FC
- Brock Lesnar: Beast in the Bank
- Rangers show the “Show Me” state teams how it’s done, then head to the west
- Watching Jaylon Smith’s (Unlikely) Legendary Narrative Unfold