ARLINGTON, TX- The Dallas Wings are just days out from beginning a new season and if today’s laughter, dancing and fun is any indicator of how this season will unfold then we are off to a cheery start.
The complete current Wings roster was present for Media Day including new-mother Skylar Diggins-Smith who has yet to confirm a date for her return to the court.
“I gave her some tips and I told her to pretty much just get out there,” said forward Glory Johnson regarding Diggins-Smith. “It’s not going to feel good the first time you get hit. Your legs are not going to feel like what they used to be but you just have to run it out.”
“And she did it. She just jumped in. It’s hard at first but she’s getting there.”
Despite the league being swept with injuries this offseason, all Dallas Wings are reportedly healthy and ready to make a run at the championship, including second year forward Azura Stevens who is coming off a minor ankle injury.
“Being more aggressive and taking advantage of perimeter mismatches,” said Stevens when asked what she plans to improve this season. “I shoot and score down low but being able to actually dribble past defenders is what is going to take my game to the next level this year.”
The Wings’ season opener is this Friday in Atlanta where they will take on the Dream.
- The Rangers are desperate for answers behind Mike Minor and Lance Lynn
- Dallas’ XFL team named the Renegades
- Positive Jaylon Smith rewarded with new contract; Proves doubters wrong
- Rangers rally, take 3 of 4 from Angels
- A breakdown of the Rangers in left field since 2001
- Dallas Cowboys: Preseason Stock Report
- Rangers youth making their mark in the big leagues
- Photos: Rangers vs Twins (August 18, 2019)
- The Rangers end the week losing games but adding members to the club’s Hall of Fame
- The Rangers may have finally reached their breaking point with Rougned Odor