ARLINGTON, TX- The Dallas Wings are just days out from beginning a new season and if today’s laughter, dancing and fun is any indicator of how this season will unfold then we are off to a cheery start.
The complete current Wings roster was present for Media Day including new-mother Skylar Diggins-Smith who has yet to confirm a date for her return to the court.
“I gave her some tips and I told her to pretty much just get out there,” said forward Glory Johnson regarding Diggins-Smith. “It’s not going to feel good the first time you get hit. Your legs are not going to feel like what they used to be but you just have to run it out.”
“And she did it. She just jumped in. It’s hard at first but she’s getting there.”
Despite the league being swept with injuries this offseason, all Dallas Wings are reportedly healthy and ready to make a run at the championship, including second year forward Azura Stevens who is coming off a minor ankle injury.
“Being more aggressive and taking advantage of perimeter mismatches,” said Stevens when asked what she plans to improve this season. “I shoot and score down low but being able to actually dribble past defenders is what is going to take my game to the next level this year.”
The Wings’ season opener is this Friday in Atlanta where they will take on the Dream.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FC Dallas in the spotlight due to to nine reported positive COVID-19 tests in Orlando
- A Dak Prescott decision needs to made
- Dustin Johnson wins the Traveler’s Championship on Sunday with weather delays
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep. 1: Notes on the planned 2020 season
- What to expect from the WNBA 2020 season
- News of COVID-19 cases continues tough month of off-field happenings for Rangers
- Several Rangers employees test positive for COVID-19; what does this mean for the potential home opener?
- Mavericks restart schedule announced on Friday night
- Did Chris Woodward get it right by naming Lance Lynn the Rangers Opening Day starter?