ARLINGTON, TX- The Dallas Wings are just days out from beginning a new season and if today’s laughter, dancing and fun is any indicator of how this season will unfold then we are off to a cheery start.
The complete current Wings roster was present for Media Day including new-mother Skylar Diggins-Smith who has yet to confirm a date for her return to the court.
“I gave her some tips and I told her to pretty much just get out there,” said forward Glory Johnson regarding Diggins-Smith. “It’s not going to feel good the first time you get hit. Your legs are not going to feel like what they used to be but you just have to run it out.”
“And she did it. She just jumped in. It’s hard at first but she’s getting there.”
Despite the league being swept with injuries this offseason, all Dallas Wings are reportedly healthy and ready to make a run at the championship, including second year forward Azura Stevens who is coming off a minor ankle injury.
“Being more aggressive and taking advantage of perimeter mismatches,” said Stevens when asked what she plans to improve this season. “I shoot and score down low but being able to actually dribble past defenders is what is going to take my game to the next level this year.”
The Wings’ season opener is this Friday in Atlanta where they will take on the Dream.
- Rangers land Corey Seager in mega deal that shakes the baseball world
- The Rangers go Sunday shopping with a Marcus Semien signing
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks loss to the Wizards
- Hoops Tank, Ep. 15: What exactly is it that is allowing the perplexing Mavericks to keep winning games?
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks win over the Clippers