DALLAS WINGS PRESS RELEASE
Driven by 22 points from Rookie of the Year candidate Arike Ogunbowale, the Dallas Wings (6-15) snapped a six-game losing skid with an 87-64 (8-12) victory over the New York Liberty. The 23-point win is the largest margin of victory against the Liberty in franchise history, besting the previous record of 20.
Defensive Player of the Year hopeful Kayla Thornton was the team’s second leading scorer, submitting 14 points. She was followed by 13 points both from Isabelle Harrison and Allisha Gray. Megan Gustafson posted another 11 point and eight rebound game, tying her career-highs that were set against Las Vegas on July 30. The Wings had a pair of rookies post back-to-back games of scoring 10 or more for the first time since the 2012 season.
The Wings will be back in action for Faith and Family Night on Saturday, August 3 against the Las Vegas Aces. Included in the price of admission is a post-game concert featuring Dove, Stellar and Grammy Award winner Fred Hammond. There will be an Acme Block Party at 5 p.m. outside of Gate 4 and a Carter Bloodcare Blood Drive at College Park Center from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Blood drive participants will receive two tickets to the game and a t-shirt.
- The Wings’ 25 points in the first quarter is the most first quarter points this season.
- Wings rookie Arike Ogunbowale scored a team-high 22 points, the sixth time she has score more than 20 points this season, leading all rookies. It is also the eleventh time she has been the team’s leading scorer.
- With Ogunbowale’s 22 and Megan Gustafson’s 11 points, the Dallas Wings had two rookies score more than 10 points in back-to-back games for the first time since 2012. (With a long Olympic break between the two games, Glory Johnson and Riquina Williams did it on 07/12/2012 and 08/17/2012.)
- The Wings scored 55 points in the first half, the most points in any half this season. The team’s 87 total points are the second most points scored in a game this season.
- The Wings 30 points in the second quarter is the highest producing second quarter of the year.
- Allisha Gray had a season high nine assists to go along with her 13 points.
- The Wings had a season high 24 assists as a team, topping the previous season high of 22.
- Tonight’s 23-point win is the largest margin of victory for the Wings this season and the franchise’s largest versus New York (previously 20 on June 20, 1999)
- The Wings had five players score 10 or more points (Thornton, Harrison, Gray, Ogunbowale and Gustafson) for the third time this season.
2019-2020 Mavericks Player Profiles
/ 5 days ago
Justin Jackson Age: 24 Position: Small Forward 2018-2019: 81 games, 7.2 PPG, 2.6...
/ 1 week ago
Dorian Finney-Smith Age: 26 Position: Forward 2018-2019: 81 games, 7.5 PPG, 4.8 RPG,...
- Why Sunday’s loss warranted a head coaching change for Cowboys
- Delon Wright continues working towards comfort with his role for the Mavericks
- Mavericks block out the Thunder in preseason victory
- Photos: Mavs vs Thunder (October 14, 2019)
- TweetCap: Social media reacts to Cowboys disappointing loss against Jets
- The Dallas Mavericks will make the playoffs if…
- 2019-2020 Mavericks Player Profile: Luka Doncic
- Rangers Futures: Infielder Nick Solak
- Porzingis continues to work off the rust in Mavericks preseason loss to the Bucks
- Photos: Mavs vs Bucks (October 11, 2019)