DALLAS WINGS PRESS RELEASE
Driven by 22 points from Rookie of the Year candidate Arike Ogunbowale, the Dallas Wings (6-15) snapped a six-game losing skid with an 87-64 (8-12) victory over the New York Liberty. The 23-point win is the largest margin of victory against the Liberty in franchise history, besting the previous record of 20.
Defensive Player of the Year hopeful Kayla Thornton was the team’s second leading scorer, submitting 14 points. She was followed by 13 points both from Isabelle Harrison and Allisha Gray. Megan Gustafson posted another 11 point and eight rebound game, tying her career-highs that were set against Las Vegas on July 30. The Wings had a pair of rookies post back-to-back games of scoring 10 or more for the first time since the 2012 season.
The Wings will be back in action for Faith and Family Night on Saturday, August 3 against the Las Vegas Aces. Included in the price of admission is a post-game concert featuring Dove, Stellar and Grammy Award winner Fred Hammond. There will be an Acme Block Party at 5 p.m. outside of Gate 4 and a Carter Bloodcare Blood Drive at College Park Center from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Blood drive participants will receive two tickets to the game and a t-shirt.
- The Wings’ 25 points in the first quarter is the most first quarter points this season.
- Wings rookie Arike Ogunbowale scored a team-high 22 points, the sixth time she has score more than 20 points this season, leading all rookies. It is also the eleventh time she has been the team’s leading scorer.
- With Ogunbowale’s 22 and Megan Gustafson’s 11 points, the Dallas Wings had two rookies score more than 10 points in back-to-back games for the first time since 2012. (With a long Olympic break between the two games, Glory Johnson and Riquina Williams did it on 07/12/2012 and 08/17/2012.)
- The Wings scored 55 points in the first half, the most points in any half this season. The team’s 87 total points are the second most points scored in a game this season.
- The Wings 30 points in the second quarter is the highest producing second quarter of the year.
- Allisha Gray had a season high nine assists to go along with her 13 points.
- The Wings had a season high 24 assists as a team, topping the previous season high of 22.
- Tonight’s 23-point win is the largest margin of victory for the Wings this season and the franchise’s largest versus New York (previously 20 on June 20, 1999)
- The Wings had five players score 10 or more points (Thornton, Harrison, Gray, Ogunbowale and Gustafson) for the third time this season.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Season Outlook: Predicting the Cowboys final 2020 record
- Can the Dallas Cowboys recover from another blowout loss?
- TweetCap: Fans react to Cowboys primetime loss
- Why Rangers fans should be excited for Game 7 of the NLCS at Globe Life Field
- Strange year continues as Mavs offseason buzz is picking up in… October?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 5
- Globe Life Field makes history in NLCS with something it’s been lacking: fans
- Season Outlook: Expectations following Prescott’s injury?
- Cowboys fans try to come to grips with the emotions of the Dak Prescott injury
- DSF Recap: Emotional win gives Dallas first place in NFC East