Another mundane day in the NFL offseason turns somewhat intriguing as Cowboys defensive tackle David Irving posts cryptic messages on his Instagram Wednesday.
It already has been a whirlwind of events for Irving this summer, after his ex-girlfriend hacked his twitter and claimed he was physically abusing her. She later recanted that story and eventually the Frisco Police dropped the investigation into the matter. Then it was reported that Irving went to California to retrieve his daughter, who was taken by her mother, the same woman who hacked his social media earlier in the offseason. She then also accused him of abuse by showing pictures of her bruises. Irving denied all the allegations.
Irving has now up to this point missed all of the OTA practices and that is because he needs to get back into shape according to head coach Jason Garrett per Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram.
Then Wednesday, Irving posts a picture on Instagram with a caption that reads:
The message is rather cryptic and really doesn’t enlighten any one on what really is going on. The message also is a bit hypocritical when blaming the media for not knowing the real reason, but yet not telling the reason he hasn’t been at OTAs.
If Irving is truly going through something that needs his focus to get back on track, then we should all understand that and let him have his peace. But, Irving needs to come out and control the story and not let the coaches answer for him.
All we know now is that he is out of shape and that is why he’s not practicing. That isn’t really the best way to get support from the fans.
Irving is a talented player and a type of player the Cowboys really need this season. Yet, the risks of his personal life just get more complicated by the day and now it is affecting his football life. At some point, you just have to say goodbye to those types of players. Don’t be surprised if by training camp Irving might be sent packing.
- Rangers try to put dreadful week behind them as West Coast road trip continues
- The unfortunate truth facing the Rangers
- Rangers Trade or Keep: Shawn Kelley
- Experiment has ended; Mavericks waive Antetokounmpo
- Rangers Trade or Keep: Hunter Pence
- Rangers Trade or Keep: Mike Minor
- In a difficult roster move, Rangers option Willie Calhoun to Nashville
- Secondary limbo: Jourdan Lewis looks for role in crowded DB room
- Summer League report cards for the Mavs young prospects
- “That’s not right, that’s not fair and it’s un-American.” Nancy Lieberman addresses gender inequality in sports