Every game is a tough game when you have a record of 3-13 and that is where the Dallas Mavericks find themselves. After falling to the San Antonio Spurs 94-87 on Wednesday night, the Mavericks will travel East to play the Charlotte Hornets.
I never thought the day would come but here I am using the term tough and good and associating it with the CHARLOTTE HORNETS (10-8). The Hornets are first in the Southeast Division and have won two of their last three. During this three-game homestand, Charlotte will face teams with losing records but they already feel short to the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday night 112-89.
Point Guard Dilemma
Going into the game against the Spurs, the Mavericks had four point guards and by the end of the game they were down to one. Devin Harris and Deron Williams are both on minute restrictions, Harris saw 10 minutes and Williams was on the court for 25. Seth Curry was taken out in the fourth quarter due to a knee sprain and Jonathan Gibson was all that was left. Gibson has shown some bright spots but when you are facing Kemba Walker, that can be a problem.
Walker is the force that drives the Hornets bus, he averages 24.2 points and 4.9 assist per game. The 24.2 ppg for Walker in November was the most for any player in franchise history. It will be a grueling test to see how Mavericks head coach, Rick Carlisle, slows down the guy with extreme speed and a deadly step-back jumper. (See Below)
Kemba Walker with the nasty move and step-back 3-pointer! ??https://t.co/KxDk46nFKL
— NBA SKITS (@NBA_Skits) November 30, 2016
Dirk Nowitzki: Out-Did Not Travel (Achilles)
J.J. Barea: Out (Calf)
Seth Curry: Questionable (Knee)
How To Watch
Dallas and Charlotte will tipoff at 6 pm CT. The game can be watched locally on FSSW or on NBA League Pass or listen on ESPN Dallas 103.3 – KESN.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three Rangers with major questions surrounding them in the second half of Summer Camp
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule