According to a report from Tim MacMahon and Marc Stein of ESPN, the Utah Jazz are interested in re-aquring point guard Deron Williams.
“No deal appeared imminent Tuesday night, sources said, but Utah has registered interest in bringing Williams back to his original team, with Dallas open to trading both Williams and center Andrew Bogut in advance of Thursday’s 3 p.m. ET trade deadline.
Williams can’t be traded without his consent, thanks to his one-year, $9 million deal with the Mavericks after he played the previous season in Dallas. The 32-year-old would have to forfeit his free-agent Bird rights if traded to another team.”
However, conflicting reports have stated the Deron Williams would not be included in any deal involving the Utah Jazz.
Williams was drafted as the third pick in the 2005 NBA Draft by the Jazz, averaging 17.3 points and 9.1 assists in 6 seasons with the team before being traded to the New Jersey Nets for guard Devin Harris, forward Derrick Favors, and two first round draft picks. Williams is on a one-year, $9 million deal with the Mavs.
Should the Dallas Mavericks trade Deron Williams?
— DallasSportsFanatic (@Dallas_Fanatic) February 22, 2017
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- DSF Players to Watch: Which Falcons should Dallas watch out for?
- Stars draw Tampa Bay Lightning in Stanley Cup Final; How do they match up?
- DSF Mailbag: More disappointed in the offense or defense in LA?
- How they got here: Breaking down the draft picks, trades, and free agency signings that got the Stars to the Stanley Cup Final
- Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin with a shot at redemption after years of disappointment with the Stars
- Dallas Cowboys week one stock report
- Luka Doncic named to All-NBA First Team
- Sizing up the 2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot Golf Club
- Gurianov’s overtime winner seals Game Five win, sends Stars to first Stanley Cup Final since 2000
- Best tweets celebrating the Stars clinching their spot in the Stanley Cup Finals