Devin Harris always considered Dallas his NBA home.
He’ll be calling it that for the foreseeable future as he and the Dallas Mavericks close in a new three-year pact.
I’m told that Devin Harris deal reported by @ESPNSteinLine is for same terms originally agreed to last summer (3 years, $9-plus million).
— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) July 5, 2014
The Mavericks were in need for point guard security with the recent trade which sent last year starter Jose Calderon to the New York Knicks. Raymond Felton and Gal Mekel are the other two point guards on Dallas’ roster.
Harris returned to the Mavericks last year after being traded away from the organization in 2008 for Jason Kidd. After stints with New Jersey, Utah and Atlanta he found his way back to Big D.
Originally agreeing to a 3-year $9 million contract last summer, a toe injury and surgery forced the Mavs to void his deal. It led Harris to delaying his return before eventually signing a one year contract at the veteran minimum.
The extra money allowed the Mavericks to strike a value signing in Monta Ellis who chose less money in Dallas to win than a 3-year $36 million extension in Milwaukee.
Harris played in 40 regular season games averaging 7.9 points and 4.5 assists. He also played an important role off the bench in Dallas’ playoffs series against San Antonio.
Fantastic keep by the Mavs.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to San Antonio
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers
- Mavericks visit the Pacers as both teams fight through major injuries
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto