The NFL competition committee just confirmed what we already knew; Dez caught it.
The heart-breaking call that ended the Dallas Cowboy’s season in 2014 is still haunting us today.
In case you need a refresher, Dez Bryant caught a 31-yard catch from Tony Romo during a playoff game in Greenbay. The catch would have placed the Cowboys on fourth down and a score away from winning the game. After reviewing the play, officials overturned the call on the basis that Bryant did not have control of the ball as he fell to the ground. The Packers won that game 26-21.
Since then, it has been painfully evident that nobody truly knows what a catch is. Fans, players and even officials can’t seem to get it right.
The NFL Twitter account has even gone as far as to troll and poke fun at the “Dez catch,” but alas, here they are finally admitting their fault.
The NFL competition committee appears to have unanimous agreement that controversial catch rulings involving Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson should have been ruled complete, according to Giants owner John Mara. So the committee, meeting in Indianapolis… https://t.co/OuKLHmdt4W
— Kevin Seifert (@SeifertESPN) February 27, 2018
Cowboys Nation definitely has mixed feelings about the announcement. Some find relief in officially knowing the NFL got it wrong. Others are further outraged from the reminder of the robbery that occurred that day.
— NFL (@NFL) March 24, 2015
The Cowboys were the best team in the postseason that year and everybody knew it. Their Super Bowl chances were very real and we haven’t seen an opportunity like that since.
But perhaps the most painful part of it all is the fact that it was the last chance Tony Romo was given to get a ring. Whichever way you look at it, the NFL took a big L today.
This future change is good, but for some fans it may take a lot more to get over the fact that Dez caught it.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Two key areas of inconsistency show as Mavs squander late lead over Nuggets
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 20: Hip Hip Hooray with Jose Trevino
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’