Dirk, DSJ lead the way as Mavs outlast Magic
Following a tough loss to the Knicks on Sunday, the Mavs looked to rebound tonight against the struggling Orlando Magic, and rebound is exactly what they did.
Sitting at 12-28, one game behind the Mavs in the loss column, Orlando’s season has looked a lot like what Dallas has gone through during the first half of this year’s campaign.
To start the game off, Dallas began on a roll as DSJ got going early. A sloppy first frame for the Magic besides the seven points from Mario Hezonja had Orlando behind 25-19.
The second quarter was a different story. The Magic bench stepped onto the floor and began firing. Mo Speights and D.J. Augustin did what they always tend to do when they play the Mavs, and that’s score the basketball. Orlando outscored Dallas 29-18 in the second to take a 48-43 halftime lead.
Dallas began looking like themselves again in the third. DSJ and Dirk started it off, trading jumpers back and forth. Despite Aaron Gordon’s efforts, Yogi finished the quarter strong with help from J.J’s passing to give the Mavs a 82-75 lead.
In the fourth, the Mavs only continued to grow on their lead. DSJ and Dirk continued putting the ball in the hoop as we’re so accustomed to seeing at the AAC. The Magic had no answer in the final frame as Dallas went on to win 114-99.
Dennis Smith Jr. and Dirk led the way for Dallas with 20 points each along with seven rebounds from DSJ. Yogi added 15 points and eight rebounds off the bench while J.J. dished out 12 dimes.
In losing effort, Aaron Gordon scored 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds. D.J. Augustin came off the bench to score 18 points.
Dallas will have a quick turnaround as they play in Charlotte tomorrow night before having a few nights off in preparation of a faceoff against the Lakers on Saturday.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 3: A Coach’s Perspective
- Three Rangers with major questions surrounding them in the second half of Summer Camp
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe